Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many OSO guru's don't own a boat? >

How many OSO guru's don't own a boat?

Notices

How many OSO guru's don't own a boat?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am no guru. . . but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

(and my Scarab Sport was docked out back.)
Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had lots of boats. Just that now isnt the time. Concentrating on business and I had to move back north for a while.

I can tell you that whenever I had an open seat I always invited friends to fill it. As far as guru... I don't get your point. Someone do something to you to make you feel this way?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Well a few points to ponder here:

Steve (former owner of OSO) could certainly be considered a "guru" didn't have a boat for the last few years when he owned the site (now keep in mind he had usage of the OSO Cigarettes, both new brand new boats at the time).

Sunkin was a "guru" of sorts and never had a boat that anyone could verify.

I have two boats and still haven't used either of them in 7 weeks due to lack of time and rainy weekends! But I plan to make up for the lack of use this weekend.....I plan for both of them to get wet this weekend!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by spk1
I dont know sometimes I think the guys that can resist the addiction and not throw all their cash into one of these holes in the water, iss the smart one. Unfortunately Im a glutten for punishment , the only bright spot is I have a website full of people just like me wanting just as much punishment or more that help keep me from being a quitter! However my heros are the guys that love this shyt enough to wrench and struggle all year to take a $20,000 ten minute boat ride, blow an engine, say screw it, get drunk with your buddys for one night, then head back to the shop to pay his dues for another ten minute boat ride. But hell 10mins at 70-80-90-100 is better than a year at cruiser speed!
I enjoy all year at cruiser sped, and the 10 minute $20,000 boat ride. I just havn't had that 20,000 ride in 2 years. It is happening soon again though.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

My point about a "guru" is that someone who appears to be an expert on line, but has never owned a boat. These people make comments about all kinds of issues, construction, racing, rigging etc. but never owned a boat. I know of at least 3 of these people on the site. Taking advice from these people on line could be questionable.
Not taking anything away from people who have sold boats due to the economy-I sold two of my boats last year for this same reason.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 09-01-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Dont know if I'm a "guru" but i do like to help people here......does it qualify that even though i DO currently own a boat it hasnt hit the water in 5yrs now!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm no guru, I just enjoy boats.

This is just my own personal thing but unless I didn't own one or I didn't do it for a living in the past, I probably woundn't be active on these boards... I'd tire from it because I wasn't doing it anymore and would probably find a different hobby. If I got another boat I'd be right in the saddle again...
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
I dont know sometimes I think the guys that can resist the addiction and not throw all their cash into one of these holes in the water, iss the smart one. Unfortunately Im a glutten for punishment , the only bright spot is I have a website full of people just like me wanting just as much punishment or more that help keep me from being a quitter! However my heros are the guys that love this shyt enough to wrench and struggle all year to take a $20,000 ten minute boat ride, blow an engine, say screw it, get drunk with your buddys for one night, then head back to the shop to pay his dues for another ten minute boat ride. But hell 10mins at 70-80-90-100 is better than a year at cruiser speed!
Since I broke my collarbone, I 've gotten out 3 times for my 10,000.00 or so investment this year. I'm not doing too bad.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not really a guru, and most would say after looking at my rig, its not a boat, its a pos, but it does get me out there a little bit and most times brings me home.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I might even argue its the other way around....Actual boat owners who pretend they know everything when they don't have a clue.

Last edited by Big Time; 09-01-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.