How many OSO guru's don't own a boat?

Notices

How many OSO guru's don't own a boat?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
I know of at least 3 of these people on the site. Taking advice from these people on line could be questionable.

Taking advice online in any forum is always "questionable". Having been on this and other forums for several years I have formed opinions as to who I trust and who I don't based on real world feedback from other individuals I do know personally. There are always keyboard cowboys, Google Experts and bull ****ters no matter what type of forum you play on. After a while, you know who is full of **** and who has the experience to back up the talk.

I went boatless for three seasons and luckily had several friends invite me along for diferent runs and gatherings. I am back in a boat (thank god) and they all know I have a seat for them any time they can join the wife and I.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spk1
I dont know sometimes I think the guys that can resist the addiction and not throw all their cash into one of these holes in the water, iss the smart one. Unfortunately Im a glutten for punishment , the only bright spot is I have a website full of people just like me wanting just as much punishment or more that help keep me from being a quitter! However my heros are the guys that love this shyt enough to wrench and struggle all year to take a $20,000 ten minute boat ride, blow an engine, say screw it, get drunk with your buddys for one night, then head back to the shop to pay his dues for another ten minute boat ride. But hell 10mins at 70-80-90-100 is better than a year at cruiser speed!

why did you have to drag me into this????
Old 09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I fit that description.

However, if you do a search on my past experiences with dealers and how much I lost you may understand.

I could buy a few different boats right now but I am holding out for what I want, and paying cash for a title from a BUILDER.
Come on Cash........ Give me a chance buddy
Old 09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
why did you have to drag me into this????
Because< if you hadnt put that first frickin 29 fountain in your driveway years ago, I would have never gone out and bought that excalibur,,,,I would have just been happy with the 19 4winns, I blame yoou! but I promise, I wont quit till you do, so i guess we are in this one together
Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I think there are two very distinct groups here.

First is the true boatless guru: He would be the guy who has had many boats in the past, some sort of connection either making, selling, and or racing boats and just happens to not have a boat at this time.

Second is the wannabe boatless guru: He would be the one who claims to have all the history and knowledge but never owned (or barely owned) an offshore go-fast boat and never had any direct connection with building, selling or racing.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Registered

Is this directed at Cat?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Right on Tom A., the second group are the ones I'm talking about!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine
Come on Cash........ Give me a chance buddy
Okay Charlie, you, and a select few others(Woods) would get a shot. In fact, I gave Woods $1 awhile back for a future purchase.

Hope all is well buddy.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a "guru" but I did own a 24' Carlson trimaran. It was stolen in Jan. 2006. I am currently boatless.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I know nothing, am frequently drunk, but I do own a small slow boat, but do to school and the economy it should probabl be classified as a lawn ornament.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.