Outerlimits Fuel Tanks Leaching? >

Outerlimits Fuel Tanks Leaching?

Notices

Outerlimits Fuel Tanks Leaching?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Cigarette uses aluminum and they have had no problems.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by tgersx
Any One Know The Deal About Fuel Leaching With The Outerlimits Fuel Tanks? I Looked At A 39 Ol And The Owner Was Having The Fuel Tanks Replaced Due To Fuel Leaching The Boat Was Only An 2005 And Already Needs The Tanks Replaced. He Said This Is A Common Problem When Outerlimits Switched From Alum Tanks To Composite Lighter Tanks. Anyone Else Have This Problem Or What Years They Used These Tanks. I Was Going To Buy A 39 But Now With This Problem I Dont Wanna Buy A Boat And Have To Cut The Floors Out And Replace Tanks, The Boat Will Never Be The Same.
Thanks for posting this. I have been kicking around the notion of picking up a used GTX and I appreciate having this info beforehand.

Any idea what it costs to replace the tanks on a 39 to 42 GTX?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just find out what years the factory used the tanks in question.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Man these boats shouldn't even be on the water. Suprised the coast guard hasn't done a full audit of every single manufacturer who used these tanks to make sure none of the boats are on the water without a certified inspection of new gas tanks. Also suprised the manufacturers aren't doing more to make EVERYBODY aware of this problem. Seems like the forums have been the only place to air this dirty laundry.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Thanks for posting this. I have been kicking around the notion of picking up a used GTX and I appreciate having this info beforehand.

Me too man, im glad this was posted!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Are people talking about "leaking" here ?????

The spelling is sort of throwing me.

If not spelling what exactly is leaching fuel? Some animal attaches to your tank and sucks the fuel out?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn

Whew, glad I saw this before I put my deposit down on a 51 GTX with triple 1075's!

I think some of this goes under the concept of "if you can afford the boat then you can afford the issues that come along with it." A gas tank replacement is surely cheaper than the insurance on a cat of the same HP and that bill comes annually!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Whew, glad I saw this before I put my deposit down on a 51 GTX with triple 1075's!

I think some of this goes under the concept of "if you can afford the boat then you can afford the issues that come along with it." A gas tank replacement is surely cheaper than the insurance on a cat of the same HP and that bill comes annually!
You told me it was a 52. And, who wants to buy a late model boat, and cut it up to replace tanks. I don't care how much $$ you have.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

You wouldn't be crying in Joe's ear if your Sunny's tank was leaching?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does Cigarette use for fuel tanks?I have never heard of any issues, just wondering!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.