Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use >

Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use

Notices

Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use

Old 05-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use

Check this thread out for the easiest to use and best hull and fiberglass stain cleaner that I have found.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=25250
Old 05-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Registered

Seriously this stuff works and is worth every penny when you consider the costs and labor for ON/OFF and the other products out there. Check out the link above.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:00 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Also, Starbrite Hull-Cleaner works like on/off, but the yellow won't come back quick like on/off. Previous boat took months to yellow. Once I used on/off (gloves, mask, nasty odor, etc) the yellow came back within a couple of days. Starbrite requires no mask, gloves, nor odor (though recommended) and the yellow stays away normally i.e. weeks....Bottom line. Stay away from on/off except the most extreme situations....

Rick
Old 05-31-2002, 07:46 AM
Registered

Rick - I will loan you my bottle of this cleaner so you can see how easy and effective it is because you wipe it one like naval jelly with no scrubbing and rinse off. Remind me the next time I see you or stop by the house.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:04 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I'll chime in here too. . . .

You guys need to try this stuff!!!! I tried some in my bilge of my old boat. I had stains that I tried to get out with:
Aceatone (sp)
Comet
Cleaner Wax
Bilge cleaner
and I forget what else. Then the boat was in service and the service manager gave me a "rag full" of this stuff. I wiped it on the stains and left it for a few minutes, rinsed, and the bilge was back to LIKE NEW white.

I have also used it on the hull to remove the yellowing stains, same results.

This is good stuff.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-02-2002, 01:04 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

What is this stuff? Can we get it at a pool store or do we have to get it thru you?
Old 06-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Registered

Default Muriatic Acid

It's harsh stuff, it is found in any hardware store, it's cheap, like $1.50/gal., and it takes the yellow stain right off with one wipe. Downside is that if you breath it in it will knock you to the ground like tear gas and take your breath away. Don't know if it will hurt paint, but doesn't bother white gelcoat.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:38 AM
Mickey Britain

Screw the acid, try FSR, non toxic and is safe for a fiberglass.Most boat dealers have it

Old 06-02-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two questions.
Vyper 340. Will this cleaner remove algae. My boat sits in a slip and collects this stuff at the water line. I have my hull power washed w/ muratic acid a couple times of year. Its amazing stuff. It cleans the hull like new again, doesn't hurt fiberglass but is very expensive to have done. My marina charges $8.00 per ft. I have a 272 Baja so this can get rather expensive.
Also, are you the manufacturer of this cleaner, a rep? Do they have a website? What is the NAME of this product? What are the guarantees on this product if it ruins my boat finish? If it's a pool cleaner chemical then I should be able to buy it here locally. I have a pool type store a few blocks from my home. What's the secrecy in the name???????
Bill R. When using in bilge I'm assuming you add xx amount of this cleaner to so many gallons of water (in the bilge) and them turn on the pump? Is this cleaner safe on bilge pump lines, seals?
Thank for the info. Sound like the stuff maybe too good to be true. I'm interested in trying some.

Last edited by steve chalupka; 06-02-2002 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:16 AM
Registered

R Addiction - I have never found it at any hardware store. In fact the manufacturer does not sell to retail stores of any kind. Also, it is not harsh as you say but it does take the stains off. It is not acid nor does it come in gallon sizes for $1.50.

Steve - I do not know if it will take algae off. The name of the product is Ring-go and I am not sure it is available at the pool stores. You apply it directly to the fiberglass without diluting it at all. Wipe it on then spray it off.

I have used the product on several boats including my old 26 Scarab which I had before my PQ. It never caused any problems with hull and did a phenominal job taking any stains off.

Quick Reply: Best Hull/Stains Cleaner! Easy to Use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.