Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geeez! Some guys have all the luck!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Any photos of the salvage?
2 days and it's not touched. The boat shifted a bit so now the motor on the tender goes under at high tide when the boat sinks down and it's out of the water when it's low tide and the boat sits on the bottom.
Someone put a bullS#it boom patially around the boat. . It's not doing a thing since it only goes around the boat 300 degrees. There are 9 white absorbant pads we use in the shop, floating on the water. I'm sure it so someone can bill the insurace company $100k for enviornmental clean up.

I was thinking, maybe the guy dosen't have insurance or it would have been moved by now. What a shame.

Correction, it's a 60' Ocean, not a 55'.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

I went down the canal yesterday in the skater to have a peek and have to say it really is an ominous sight. I also saw the yellow skirt and absorbant pads and thought " Nice attempt" on that note though I didn't see any evidence of fuel or oil in the water. Sad situation whatever the circumstance
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. Can't imagine how much fuel and oil was in the tanks. Sixty foot and I'm guessing 4k gallon capacity.

Maybe you can start a time lapse video from your webcam. Would be interesting to see how they right that thing.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

air bags and and start pupmping, if there is enough room in canal they may obt to bring barge in to help get it floating.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

anybody know where owner is, no nieghbors know how to get in contact with them or a family member.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
2 days and it's not touched. The boat shifted a bit so now the motor on the tender goes under at high tide when the boat sinks down and it's out of the water when it's low tide and the boat sits on the bottom.
Someone put a bullS#it boom patially around the boat. . It's not doing a thing since it only goes around the boat 300 degrees. There are 9 white absorbant pads we use in the shop, floating on the water. I'm sure it so someone can bill the insurace company $100k for enviornmental clean up.

I was thinking, maybe the guy dosen't have insurance or it would have been moved by now. What a shame.

Correction, it's a 60' Ocean, not a 55'.
I would guess the same thing on the insurance, the salvage guys wont let that boat sit there for five minutes if there is an insurance company to bill.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Registered

Is that off las olas?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spk1
Is that off las olas?
It's off Bayview and Oakland.

We saw the neihbors our there when they returned. The husband was on the phone screaming at someone. I told the wife I tried to let them know in the middle of the night. She said it's not our boat "we're not that stupid".

Appently they are renting the dock out. I'm not sure what she meant by "we're not that stupid" but i took it as she meant you have to be stupid to own a boat.
Attached Thumbnails Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01351.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01352.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01353.jpg  

Old 09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
...but i took it as she meant you have to be stupid to own a boat.
She might have a point there buddy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.