Notices

Bolster Group Purchase!

Old 05-07-2002, 03:15 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolster Group Purchase!

If anyone is interested i am setting up a drop down bolster group purchase I got the guy down to $800 a pair (with stands) and they look pretty good especially for $400 bucks each!

for picture check out:

http://www.hot-pursuit.com/YPBULA.GIF
http://www.hot-pursuit.com/3DROPS.GIF
http://www.hot-pursuit.com/DROPBK.GIF
http://www.hot-pursuit.com/WDROPA.GIF

also OSO member IKE's 28 apache has bolsters made by the same guy.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...&highlight=ike

E-mail me if your interested. Or for details!
[email protected]
Old 05-07-2002, 05:05 PM
JeffWoods

Default Bolsters

Just a heads up...I bought bolsters from this same company a few years back and put them in my 22' Velocity. I paid $900.00 for the pair and was extremely pleased w/ the quality for 900 bucks, yes there are nicer ones, but at about three to four times the cost. The only problem is I waited MONTHS to get the seats, and MULTIPULE (like 50-75 not exagerating) phone calls and finally a call to my credit card company to dispute the charges, before I finally recieved the seats. Like I said, this is just a heads up, hopefully everything will go fine for you, and once the seats arrived, I was very happy with them. Good luck!

Old 05-07-2002, 06:13 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hmmm perhaps full payment will only be made when ALL of the bolsters are delivered. Perhpas someone is close to him that needs bolsters so they could be picked up by one person and we can figure out shipping from there. Hell i might even consider driving down to pick up like 8 pairs. I have been lookgin for an excuse to go to south of the border to get fireworks for this summer
Old 05-07-2002, 06:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya puder I am NOT willing to pay up front total for this whole purchase. I do not ask my customers to do that and I do not expect to do that for some one else. If he wants to do some 50% up front 50% on delivery or when they are packed up and ready to ship that would work for me but NOT 100% up front that is nuts.

Jon
Old 05-07-2002, 08:05 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

jon i know. I was persnally thinkign of delivery has been a hassle in the past that he would get 50% up font and the rest on delivery.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

I may have an alternative. I found a shop in Cocoa Beach that builds factory quality bolters. They are available electric and manual but what seperates these from others is the quality and detail. This fabricator has bolsters already in stock, offers singles and duals and powder-coating. They are an original equipment supplier to Sea-Ray as well as other respected factories. I personally have seen the frames. They are oval tube, very strong, and built to exacting standard unlike the typical aftermarket. They do not offer upholstery.

Feel free to contact me at my office at (813)882-8477 if anyone is looking for a higher end alternative.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Andy so these are just the raw bolsters? Can you get a picture or a web link?

Jon
Old 05-08-2002, 04:23 AM
Registered

This company only makes frames and powder coats. The tubes, style, angles, weld quality, mechanisms,etc is where the difference is. Typically, he builds for new boat factories.

My alternative will end up costing a bit more but, the end result is a far superior product.

As you know, there is a quick way to make a basic box. Then there is the pro that puts the best ingredients and finesse into the equation.

From ten feet away, you can see the difference in a sweat shop frame and an OEM. I have not seen Carlos' work other than the pics shown at the top of this post. As you can see this is just a basic plain box frame.

The company that I am referring to does not typically sell to consumers but will on a group deal. I will request pics.

Any questions, feel free to call 813 882-8477
Old 05-08-2002, 03:18 PM
Charter Member#1205
Charter Member

Puder, get me a set for my boat I emailed you yesterday and never heard from you.
650-424-6848
Terry
Old 05-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Puder
I bought seats from carlos too. I have been down to there shop and in my opinion it first class.
He was very easy to talk to and took the time to show me what went into the seats. He does alot
of arches and fishing boat stuff to. One important
thing to make sure of is to measure how high you want the seats to be(very important).
Good Luck
David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

Quick Reply: Bolster Group Purchase!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.