Notices

Scorpion Center Console Info

Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Scorpion Center Console Info

Anyone have any positive or negative feedback on Scorpion center console boats? Any info would be appreciated!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also heard they had delamination issues but that is not first hand info, probably not even third hand info
Old 09-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Registered

knew someone who had a 25 or so with twin 300 V8 outboards, fast and great in the rough.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Delam is scary! I guess they definitely aren't too popular?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered

32'? scorpian is the same bottom as a 32 tempest. great hulls!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A member here and on www.cbpba.com "GregP" has one, and he really knows boats, probably can answer any questions you have.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Familiar with the Tempest and it was a nice boat/raceboat design. So perhaps the bottom design is basically proven? Just need to run down the layup info. Thanks for the heads up on GregP. I will try to see if he has any info. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

If it was one of the Scorpions made in Miami 20yrs ago then it was made by all the same people (Glass guys & Riggers) that Made the Carrera's. Some came out of the Same Door. About the time Carrera was winding Down Scorpion was Gearing up. Very well made boats, Just like a Cig, Tempest, Apache, Pantera, Etc of the same Vintage. All those people (Glass Guys & Riggers) where all friends and Family and worked allot between companys. Theres was only about 20 miles between all of them (Carrera & Scorpion being the farthest)
Old 09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob,

I built most of the 32 CC's in the mid 80's including the one I'm sure you are looking at (Ruben's Boat). I have never heard of a delam problem on any of the 32's... 21's... now that's a different story... My personal 21 came apart just off Deep 6 marina in Key Largo... mid 85.

Ruben's boat is a fairly good piece. Cabin needs serious work. Sides are still primed and need paining. Scott has a nice Concept radar arch with top that would fit it well.. Think he wants a grand for it... by the way, Rubin will take 10 k(or maybe better now) for the boat, triple engine rigging/ bracket and web on trailer. It got up to 7100 on ebay last week.

Todd
Old 09-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedDoc
If it was one of the Scorpions made in Miami 20yrs ago then it was made by all the same people (Glass guys & Riggers) that Made the Carrera's. Some came out of the Same Door. About the time Carrera was winding Down Scorpion was Gearing up. Very well made boats, Just like a Cig, Tempest, Apache, Pantera, Etc of the same Vintage. All those people (Glass Guys & Riggers) where all friends and Family and worked allot between companys. Theres was only about 20 miles between all of them (Carrera & Scorpion being the farthest)
True, a few of the lam guys came over from Humberto, but just as many were from the other shops including Aquasport of all places. We bought the 24 molds from Carrera in 83... Armando Rivera (Seahawk Partner and owner of Cuban Jewelers) actually paid for the molds in exchange for the second boat out of the mold. The main rigger/ mgr was Bobby Fallacara (one of the founders of Avance)... he came from Skip Harper's shop. As far as being 20 miles apart. Humberto was at 74th and the 826... we were at 44th and 72nd ave.. maybe 5 miles...

Last edited by MidOcean; 09-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.