Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Toolbox in bilge (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238849-toolbox-bilge.html)

littledcsrodshop 09-11-2010 01:56 PM

Toolbox in bilge

Do any of you have a cool toolbox setup in your bilge ? I have always just used a canvas "tool bag" for the boat & usually keep it in a stowage compartment.. Then when you need it, it's dig dig dig until you find what you need.. So I'm considering putting something a bit more user friendly & somewhat permanent to keep in the bilge since that's the area you use them in 90% of the time anyways..

Obviously nothing real big, just a good place to have a few basic get the job done & possibly a few regular maintnance tools..

So that being said if any of you have any cool setups & some pics post away..

Tom A. 09-12-2010 09:11 AM

I was thinking about the same thing. I can fit it anywhere with my staggared set up.

Young Performance 09-12-2010 09:55 AM

Ya not supposed to work on it.....ya supposed to use it.:evilb:
Bringing tools with you on the water is the best way to not have to work on it. If you have tools, you won't need them. As soon as you leave them home, everything goes to chit.:drink:

socalstone 09-12-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3205615)
If you have tools, you won't need them. As soon as you leave them home, everything goes to chit.:drink:

that is hilarious. and so true. murphy

RICHARD CUNY 09-12-2010 10:02 AM

TOM
You better only be thinking about that wedding not tools.
Rich

hunster 09-12-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3205615)
Ya not supposed to work on it.....ya supposed to use it.:evilb:
Bringing tools with you on the water is the best way to not have to work on it. If you have tools, you won't need them. As soon as you leave them home, everything goes to chit.:drink:

If your not out on it , your working on it !! According to my wife that is. :eek:

handfulz28 09-12-2010 10:54 AM

Keep it simple: a couple plastic, waterproof boxes from Outdoor World. White one gets spare parts (impeller, belt(s), pipe plug(s) some hose wrap and clamps, fuses, wire, connectors, 4200/5200). Orange one gets the tools - correct nutdriver for clamps, a few combo wrenches, a few sockets, couple screwdrivers, pliers. Figure out which tools & sizes you actually need in an emergency.

DaveP 09-12-2010 10:55 AM

I thought most of the "tools" are found in the drivers seats! LOL!

:evilb:

thirdchildhood 09-12-2010 10:58 AM

I carry two tools: a leatherman and a similar tool that includes an adjustable wrench. I also have unlimited fresh water towing coverage from BoatU.S. :)

BTW, the leatherman bottle opener gets a lot of use. Good beer does not have twisty caps...........

divenstar 09-12-2010 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 3205646)
Keep it simple: a couple plastic, waterproof boxes from Outdoor World. White one gets spare parts (impeller, belt(s), pipe plug(s) some hose wrap and clamps, fuses, wire, connectors, 4200/5200). Orange one gets the tools - correct nutdriver for clamps, a few combo wrenches, a few sockets, couple screwdrivers, pliers. Figure out which tools & sizes you actually need in an emergency.

Good Idea!!!

Divenstar :Score-101010: