Notices

power cabin door

Old 09-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default power cabin door

I was wondering if anyone knows how the power cabin door on a Cigarette or other boats work? Is this something that can be retro-fitted to an existing sliding companionway? Any one know of someone who sells power sliders? Thanks, Steve
Old 09-11-2010, 05:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

it runs off a a pump just like the tabs and has a pole attachment. the left sdie of the door is hollow and the ole attaches inside and the door slides back over the pole. I'm sure you could use a hatch pole mounted sideways as long as you have solid mounting points.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
it runs off a a pump just like the tabs and has a pole attachment. the left sdie of the door is hollow and the ole attaches inside and the door slides back over the pole. I'm sure you could use a hatch pole mounted sideways as long as you have solid mounting points.
So I'ld have to have a fiberglass door like Cig uses, mines just 1/2" plexi. I thought they worked like a power antenna with a motor with a spool and a cable assembly. I guess it's another pipe dream, thanks for the response. Steve
Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Cig I worked on a month ago had a Long threaded rod attached to a motor and the door had a worm gear mounted to it, spin it one way it opens, spin it the other way it closes.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You could rig up a linear actuator no problem to do this. Just find out what the travel of the door is and get an acuator the same length.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You could rig up a linear actuator no problem to do this. Just find out what the travel of the door is and get an acuator the same length.
Jon, Where would I look for something like that? Steve
Old 09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are thousands of them. Just type in Linear actuator 12 volt into google and you will find lots. You will have to know the travel distance of the door to get the correct one.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mcmaster-Carr.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered

The ones that I have seen have had a custom made two way hydraulic cylinder actuated by a Mercury trim/tab pump mounted under the helm.
If you want to go the electric linear actuater route, these are some pretty good ones. You can obtain them through Motion Industries.

Roger
Old 09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Roger 1
The ones that I have seen have had a custom made two way hydraulic cylinder actuated by a Mercury trim/tab pump mounted under the helm.
If you want to go the electric linear actuater route, these are some pretty good ones. You can obtain them through Motion Industries.

Roger
Thanks for the info! Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.