Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who can freshen 500 EFI's in the Midwest? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238992-who-can-freshen-500-efis-midwest.html)

BrettM 09-16-2010 10:40 AM

Andy,

I must have missed you during the Shootout!! We subcontract out machine shop work and dyno testing.

Knot,

Stop on by! I would be more than happy to show you around!

CNC 09-16-2010 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Car Biz (Post 3206732)
Precision Power Offshore Spring Lake MI

Ben Wiresum 616-889-2234

Wicked Won and Ruthless are customers as well as me:drink:

As is Awesome *****......

PromoProducts-BP 09-16-2010 12:14 PM

PBB seems to have lots of positive referrals. Doug over there is really talented in rebuilds. I've talked with a guy who had his 850's rebuilt in a 39 Cig there and he's very happy with the work!

rlj676 09-16-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3209330)
The shops didn't do work for me. They did work for two friends of mine on our dock at our local lake. Not my place to get involved with their dealings with these shops on a public forum. And by no means was I implying that no shop in Michigan does good work.

I knew what you were saying, just hoping to get the names of the 2 to put in the mental database.:drink: All builders have good and bad experiences out there.

Mark Smith 09-16-2010 09:05 PM

I personally think Ateco is perfect for the job. That is right up their alley on what they mostly do. I'll bet very few have freshened up more 500hp than Ateco.

I dont think WESCO is the right place for a 500hp freshening. I don't believe I ever saw a 500hp there. Dave's personal street legal car has a PSI blower on it.:eek:

Young Performance 09-16-2010 11:01 PM

Knot,
Thanks for the referral. I really appreciate you thinking of me. I'm honored to be mentioned in the same thread as these guys. I would be thrilled to do the work. However, I find it hard to believe that you could go wrong with anyone mentioned. Give me a call if I can help in any way. Thanks
Eddie

BattleCry 09-16-2010 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja (Post 3209466)
Andy,

I must have missed you during the Shootout!! We subcontract out machine shop work and dyno testing.

Knot,

Stop on by! I would be more than happy to show you around!

Brett

I am pretty easy to miss. I stand about 6'8" tall. And I can't deny Doug's ability. A friend of mine and a service competitor of yours use to work with him.

The point I am making is, that, your business is a service department and NOT and Engine Building/Repair shop. Having the dyno testing out-sourced can create problems. The most important is Tuning if any of the parts have been upgraded and are not stock, i.e. trying to make more power.

Big Andy