Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race

Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race

We have the first pre publication copy of HORBA's new book on offshore racing:

BLUE WATER WARRIORS
The Golden Era 1970 to 1980

It can be viewed and ordered only at the Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island Race this weekend.

We will also have on hand a special run of Betty Cook's KAAMA shirts and other special here only T-shirts.

Get your Christmas Shopping done early this year.

The new book will be available on the HORBA website in a few weeks...but why wait, get yours now.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-001-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-002-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-003-medium-.jpg  

Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-004-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-005-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Registered

We cover the era from 1970 to 1980...really the golden era of the deep vee design.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-006-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-007-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-008-medium-.jpg  

Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-009-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-010-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

This was the last decade of racing before the cat design made it's presence known.

The middle photo below shows the only known set of color photos of Don Aronow's only win ever in a Cigarette brand boat. It was at a local Miami club race and he raced a 36 foot Cigarette.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-012-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-013-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-014-medium-.jpg  

Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-015-medium-.jpg   Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-blue-water-warriors-book-1-011-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-15-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

How can I get a copy?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lucky strike
How can I get a copy?
Bring your boat up for the Around Long Island race and I'l give you a copy.

I guess you spotted that nice shot of Great Adventure.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Bring your boat up for the Around Long Island race and I'l give you a copy.

I guess you spotted that nice shot of Great Adventure.
On the wall in my office
Attached Thumbnails Christmas presents at the Don Aronow Race-758_avatar.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much? I suspect I should get a copy for Tim -

Old 09-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ciao!
How much? I suspect I should get a copy for Tim -

The pricing on the book is $120.00. This includes shipping and handling for USA customers in the southern 48 states.

We have been talking to various publishers about doing a book like this and everyone is interested, except they have no feel for how big the market really is.....so we just went ahead and self published. Our hope is we can show enough of a market to make the the publishers feel comfortable goiing ahead with taking this on.

This first book covers the 1970 to 1980 era.

We also have mockups for the 60's 80's 90's and the various manufacturers, from Formula, Donzi, Magnum, Cigarette, Corsa, Gara, Sutphen, etc etc.

Then on some drivers we have a great deal of material, Betty Cook, Don Aronow, Richard Bertram etc. We even have the original court documents from the suit brought by Ray Hunt against the various manufactureres who copied his deep vee design hull.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
The pricing on the book is $120.00. This includes shipping and handling for USA customers in the southern 48 states.

We have been talking to various publishers about doing a book like this and everyone is interested, except they have no feel for how big the market really is.....so we just went ahead and self published. Our hope is we can show enough of a market to make the the publishers feel comfortable goiing ahead with taking this on.

This first book covers the 1970 to 1980 era.

We also have mockups for the 60's 80's 90's and the various manufacturers, from Formula, Donzi, Magnum, Cigarette, Corsa, Gara, Sutphen, etc etc.

Then on some drivers we have a great deal of material, Betty Cook, Don Aronow, Richard Bertram etc. We even have the original court documents from the suit brought by Ray Hunt against the various manufactureres who copied his deep vee design hull.
This is gonna be awesome! i cant wait!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Registered

Less than 24 hours until the boats are on hand and the anticipation for the start of the race begins.