Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jbs Demolished By Piston Power (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239154-jbs-demolished-piston-power.html)

nautdesign1 09-15-2010 01:22 PM

Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

OK –I really don’t have time for this but someone really needs to state the obvious. Mr. Skater Dave and Mr. Sun Tzu are going about this in the wrong way in the General Racing Discussion section. I suspect what they are getting at is -a simple lack of “grace”. How does JBS conduct himself when he wins? I seem to recall an opening post by him to the effect of “JBS crushes Gieco” with the term “slaughtered” thrown in for good measure. However when he runs his boat to the point of destruction he blames everyone but himself for the inevitable damage – damage which is likely as a result of stressing structures and machinery beyond their design limits. Of course this is a feature of racing but if one has limited resources then one needs to preserve one’s equipment. I assume resources are limited as he claims to have mortgaged the family home and utilized the family savings to pursue his nautical adventures. Of course he could go the sponsorship route but apparently serious sponsors have eluded him to date - a point he has lamented at length on this forum. Is it a simple case of limited space for sponsor logos on his boat and towing vehicles? He could reduce the prominence of his own initials, dramatically positioned and at great size on his boat, or even take the drastic step of reducing the size of his blown up face on the side of his tow vehicles? Surely this would avail some further space for…hmm…sponsors…and thus free him to push his equipment beyond their design limits without regard to cost. Racing domination would soon follow as would the mass public adoration he appears to so desperately seek.

RunninHotRacing163.1 09-15-2010 01:32 PM

U sure sound like 1 Jealous Mutha Fukcer

teamsynergy 09-15-2010 01:40 PM

OK.... chock another one up for the JBS haters.... what is that now...like 1 billion 2... geez... hate the playa not the game...

apache727 09-15-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by nautdesign1 (Post 3208606)
OK –I really don’t have time for this but someone really needs to state the obvious. Mr. Skater Dave and Mr. Sun Tzu are going about this in the wrong way in the General Racing Discussion section. I suspect what they are getting at is -a simple lack of “grace”. How does JBS conduct himself when he wins? I seem to recall an opening post by him to the effect of “JBS crushes Gieco” with the term “slaughtered” thrown in for good measure. However when he runs his boat to the point of destruction he blames everyone but himself for the inevitable damage – damage which is likely as a result of stressing structures and machinery beyond their design limits. Of course this is a feature of racing but if one has limited resources then one needs to preserve one’s equipment. I assume resources are limited as he claims to have mortgaged the family home and utilized the family savings to pursue his nautical adventures. Of course he could go the sponsorship route but apparently serious sponsors have eluded him to date - a point he has lamented at length on this forum. Is it a simple case of limited space for sponsor logos on his boat and towing vehicles? He could reduce the prominence of his own initials, dramatically positioned and at great size on his boat, or even take the drastic step of reducing the size of his blown up face on the side of his tow vehicles? Surely this would avail some further space for…hmm…sponsors…and thus free him to push his equipment beyond their design limits without regard to cost. Racing domination would soon follow as would the mass public adoration he appears to so desperately seek.

I'm a huge fan of turbine boats but some of this does make sense though...

Tom A. 09-15-2010 02:22 PM

:food-smiley-007::food-smiley-007:

Heck of a third post!

Popcorn here, get your hot fresh popcorn......

nautdesign1 09-15-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 3208610)
U sure sound like 1 Jealous Mutha Fukcer

Let me get this right-
I criticize the puerile behavior of someone who happens to be in possession of an race boat and you consider this jealousy. So I guess it stands to reason that similar criticism should be levied upon Dave Scott and the boys at Geico given they own and race very similar machines?

Please……..

Has it occurred to you that the grace which appears to be absent from Mr. JBS is alive and well in Mr. Scott and the Geico team? Interestingly these two have a pretty fine track record of gaining the support of substantive sponsors as well-funny how that works isn’t it.

Forgive me if this all sounds a bit rude but I am not quite following your logic here.

Anarchy Powerboats 09-15-2010 06:38 PM

Comparing JBS and Nauti? Not even in the same league as racers or as gentlemen.

teamsynergy 09-15-2010 08:29 PM

I was thinking dumped... but fired works....

OldSchool 09-15-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by nautdesign1 (Post 3208606)

"I" before "E" except after a "C"

.....Unless you are trying to spell Geico. :drink::evilb::drink::evilb::party-smiley-004: