Notices

Hustler Fiore

Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hustler Fiore

Good morning everyone. I'm looking at buying a 40 Fiore and really don't know anything about these boats. It looks like Hustler has brought the same hull back and is calling it a Classic so there must be some interest in it. I'm hoping someone can help me. I've read posts that these boats are dogs and other post say quite the contrary. I have a 33 Viper now that we enjoy but looking to upgrade. My question is, how do these boats handle, are they heavy, how's the quality, and just overall scale of ownership? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered
VIP Member

They are a big heavy wave crushing boat that is one of the most comfortable poker run or big water boats out there. I have boated with one that has tripple naturally aspirated 750's with #3's and it is a beast. It will accelrated to 100 as fast as any boat that I have been around. IT will probably run 105+ in the right water. It is a single step that does not have all the jacked up handling conditions that alot of multple step later hull designs of some of the other boats display once you start putting alot of power to them. If you put enough power to it, it will go. It has 6' plus headroom. If I was running in big water, lake michigan, ocean, etc.....It would be on a short list of boats that I would be looking at.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I just got done replying on a similar thread.. hopefully this will help..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...terlimits.html
Old 09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with everything thunderusone said, plus the freeboard at the helm is almost 5'. I rode in one here with triple 650s and we ran over 100 in 3-4s and 30mph+ winds. The boat absolutely crushed everything in its path. Awesome boat and triples are a great package for it.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me if oyu like I pm'ed you my number. had that exact setup.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

throw me a ring ill can tell you all you need to know - james 631 445 0745
Old 09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Had one quite a few years back. Great boat. Came stock with trip 420 horse 502's. It ran 82 with that setup. We put cams/intake/carbs on them to basically replicate the HP500 merc. The boat went ran a true 88 mph with that setup. Fun boat, handled great, nice size stabbin cabin.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered

Did Hustler build the 40 with twins or only trips?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
Did Hustler build the 40 with twins or only trips?
You know...that's a good question, but let me tell the story of what happened the day I rode in John Drieske's 40.

We went out in less than perfect weather and as I said the boat ran great... until we broke an alternator belt. John stopped the boat to see what happened and found the belt. If he had had only two motors he would not have gotten the boat back on plane and it would have been a long, hard, wet off-plane slog back to the dock. But he had two working motors and we got on plane and ran 50-55 back to the dock, got another belt from his truck, put it on and went right back out.

So even though they were mild, naturally aspirated motors, anything can go wrong out there. Think about having only two motors in your boat. You get in a serious storm on the ocean and one motor goes down and you can't get it running again. Now you're in 5+ seas unable to get on plane...
Old 09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

some had twins in them