Notices

Eat your hearts out turbo's!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Well, each time we've had an issue so its never been run at full capacity. It went 169mph at Havasu over year ago, with 1250hp, but port motor was down 20+ fuel psi so god only knows what power it had and how it lived through that and the Powerboat test! In Jax, with the motors at 1350, we went 172mph before the trans blew which was only a few miles from the start.

Needless to say, its gonna be faster
I had a ride with Dustin and Mike in Havasu and it was very impressive, @ 1250 hp 165 came pretty quick. Cant wait for my ride in Key West with the new power.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
thats just a stupid price for a turbo engine making that HP.
Said it before and I'll say it again there are ALLOT of guys who can make more HP with turbos for less money and still be relaible.

Please dont judge turbos on that engine and its cost. While its a bad azz package its designed for people who have more money than brains IMO
+1
Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
thats just a stupid price for a turbo engine making that HP.
Said it before and I'll say it again there are ALLOT of guys who can make more HP with turbos for less money and still be relaible.

Please dont judge turbos on that engine and its cost. While its a bad azz package its designed for people who have more money than brains IMO
+2
Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its good to see that it lasted one pull on the dyno.

Now on to more important things like RELIABILITY. How long will this engine(s) last at (I'll give away 100hp) 1700hp?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Back in the day,

someone told me it was a reference to duration 3/4 of 360 degrees, and you get 270 degrees

someone else told me it was a reference to 3/4 of an inch lift, 0.750 as you said

someone else told me it was a refefence to 3/4 of a full race cam, something that was hot, but streetable
Going by my dad and his buddies ( derchromed 54 chevy days ) they called it the last statement, almost a full race cam and yet still driveable.

Looks like that is what is in Dustins
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Back in the day,

someone told me it was a reference to duration 3/4 of 360 degrees, and you get 270 degrees

someone else told me it was a reference to 3/4 of an inch lift, 0.750 as you said

someone else told me it was a refefence to 3/4 of a full race cam, something that was hot, but streetable
i've worked at a speed shop for over 20 years and i was told it was the 3/4 of a race cam too. some more of my .02. i should stop, i am going to be broke soon. =/
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tell you what..... I for one am happy that all these guys constantly push the limits of these engines in a offshore marine application. this is how we learn and progress is made for all us . Congrats to all that are trying to advance this sport.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAFE
I tell you what..... I for one am happy that all these guys constantly push the limits of these engines in a offshore marine application. this is how we learn and progress is made for all us . Congrats to all that are trying to advance this sport.
+1
Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 55thunder
Hey wiseass, I have two street cars making more power than that heap.. pipedown..
I wasn't hackin on your junk...
I only see one wiseass in this thread and it's not Dustin Whipple. Your street racing punk pals are callin' you.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I only see one wiseass in this thread and it's not Dustin Whipple. Your street racing punk pals are callin' you.
What's with all of the keyboard tough guys these days, I simply made a comment about another accomplished builder that makes the same power on pump fuel, he was more concerned with the low post count on the account that I use to keep under the radar...
Shouldn't you be spending your golden years enjoying life, instead of talking smack to someone just because they weren't floored by his results... Jeez!

Last edited by 55thunder; 09-23-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.