Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It all happened so quick.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23950-all-happened-so-quick.html)

formula1 05-08-2002 08:16 PM

It all happened so quick...I got a new truck!

I'm not so sure how it happened! It happened so quick! I now own a new Dodge 2500 Quadcab 4x4 turbo diesel :D :confused::eek: :D After being sooo sure about a big block Chevrolet, my dealer cut me such a good deal that I bought it! Plus the 7yr/100k warranty makes me feel better!

Now all I have to do is upgrade the factory hitch (why it only has a 5000lb rating I'll never know!) to a Class V Titan & get the trailer serviced and I'm ready to tow all over the place!!

Steve

PS my 1994 F-250 is still for sale!! OFFERS??!!

Mark in So. MD 05-08-2002 08:33 PM

Hey Steve
Can you post/PM or email the specs on your 250. Mileage, cond, pic if possible, engine, any problems, have you replaced anything yet(starter, waterpump etc.........)Thanks man

[email protected]

26scarab 05-08-2002 08:41 PM

Steve,
You are going to love that truck !!! I bought one in November and I will never own a gas engine truck again !!!
I use mine as a daily driver (55 round trip) and love it. I do allot of stop and go driving and the little computer usually says 14.2-14.5 MPG , well I just changed the muffler (Dynomax race) and the computer says 15.5 and it is still climbing ! On straight highway driving it is usually around 18 .
If you want to spend some money , talk to Boot on this board he will sell you a chip that will make that truck ROCK !!! My friend bought one and is now getting 21MPG and his truck feel twice as fast as mine !
I also had to update the hitch. Mine is now 10,000 load carring , I think it was $300 installed with a solid ball mount.
Enjoy !!

formula1 05-08-2002 09:36 PM

I was going to ask about a chip or other quick upgrades for this engine. I've heard that the 4" exhaust works great too!! The chip just sounds to good to be true!!

Steve

boot 05-08-2002 10:00 PM

formiula1 , The chip makes that truck ROCK !! Just ask 26scarab !:D If only we could put these chips in our boats .........
More fuel milage , good exhaust temps , makes automatics shift better and create less heat and less slip , And makes enough power to tear down a house !:D

If your thinkin' ........... e-mail me, I'll give you some details . I give all OSO members a great deal ! JOE

[email protected]

boot 05-08-2002 10:06 PM

BY the way , The western diesel chip for the dodge just plugs right in . You do not unplug fuel pump harness that sends warning to computer and will alert service tech like other chips do . And you do not remove or touch factory computer . Plugs in under dash in about a minute .

CigDaze 05-09-2002 08:17 AM

Congrats formula! Enjoy the new ride!

(I feel better that Ford isn't the only one installing class III's)
:cool:

GRH 05-09-2002 09:12 AM

Dynamite Truck... Best of luck with it....

Sydwayz 05-09-2002 09:24 AM

Congrats Steve!!

formula1 05-09-2002 12:00 PM

Hey BOOT, what's your phone number, I'll give you a call!!

Steve