Notices

Kite Tubing

Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few friends and I had two and constantly had them covered under warranty (splitting seems). Currently we have one brand new in the box and a $400 credit from the last one we returned and they said they were outlawed, so had to give us something.

They are amazingly fun but you have to really trust the driver along be really really careful of cross winds
Old 09-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

I have a good friend of mine that picked one up at marine flea market not long after they were outlawed. We do a ton of wakeboarding (owna WB boat, not a go fast) but I have never rode the flying tube, mostly because all my friends are idiots and I don't trust a single one of them to drive . :-)
Old 09-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered

We used to try to run around 100ft of line. What really sucks with the cross winds is once it turns sideways it freefall, you usually land in the wing hitting the water underneath as if it's solid ground, get disorientated while bouncing out into the water usually inhaling a quart of water!! And it's bull of them to say you can "fly" @ 25mph!!
We needed at least 40-45 unless heading into the wind... Longest I went was maybe, maybe 3 miles without touching the water once which pissed me off because it was not my choice!! I just held on not to die as my "buddy" thought it was fun to run wide open (50ish) the entire length of the open lake... Won't ever get on a tube with him driving again..

You should get out and try it, it's amazing fun and make sure you have the back of the wings filled pretty solid and make sure you have a trustworthy driver!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
I've got the Manta Ray. Illegal here in Kentucky at Corps lakes. I fell from a good height and about broke my hip. My son came down hard. Lucky he wasn't hurt. I'm not in for it anymore and I regularly hit a waterski jump at 60mph. If anyone wants mine it's for sale. The water patrol at cumberland got out of their boat and came looking for me in our lakehouse community!
Eric let me know what you want for it
Old 09-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

we tried to buy one,,,,, but you cant find them anymore