Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... >

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Notices

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
But Dude, where can Connie & I sleep in that!!!!! & where do I put George?
Dude it's a performance boat not a houseboat. The benches are wide enuf to sleep on if you really had to...I just get a room. I have a house at LOTO and every FPC run we do has a destination with lodging. Except in the case of Holiday Isle where I'm not sure lodging is the right word. Stable might be more accurate...
Old 10-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Post an example....
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Even when I had boats with sleepable accomodations, I always got a room. I don't know anyone who buys a 300K+ performance boat and sleeps on it . I mean, it sounds nice, but I just could never do it.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Even when I had boats with sleepable accomodations, I always got a room. I don't know anyone who buys a 300K+ performance boat and sleeps on it . I mean, it sounds nice, but I just could never do it.
I hear ya with that. Unless I am completely sh*t-faced/hammered drunk, I do not like sleeping on a boat. I prefer a nice room.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Its called leave on a Friday evening to your favorite island, and come back Sunday morning.. Gen set, and all the comforts of home.. its actually a lot of fun.. especially when you have a few boats.. Big Camp Fire, music, grill out.. it dont get much better..
Old 10-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
Dude it's a performance boat not a houseboat. The benches are wide enuf to sleep on if you really had to...I just get a room. I have a house at LOTO and every FPC run we do has a destination with lodging. Except in the case of Holiday Isle where I'm not sure lodging is the right word. Stable might be more accurate...
Actually, the normal v in the 39 is not bad 4 an overnight or 2! Connie & I "tested" that out at the Miami show, Downs was left w/ a cleanup in aisle 4!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEFYN GRAVITY
Available, 85 (mostly) fresh water hours. I believe there is only 11, or 12 38' Powerplays out there
Great pics, is that your big cruiser or a friend's?
Old 10-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fundamental difference in boat design. While the Cigs have, what I refer to, spartan and dated cabins, their fans say their customers don't want that. I don't know if they've ever asked, maybe not. The CIG logos, IMHO, are pretty distasteful, and completely insane. But if an owner wants to see the logo every three inches, so be it. Give me a 39 footer with a PP, and I'll hope it sinks. I personally think their cabins are a huge turnoff.

Maybe Cig "Assumes" their customers need things the same way for all these years. Who knows, but their owners obviously don't buy them for their cabins, and some only buy them for the name. Which is fine, it's a great name to have.

My guess? Things change at Cig the next few years, as Baby Boomers age, but still want a Cig, just with latest century stuff in it. I think many of the new boat makers get it.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
The Logo that Outerlimits copied?
Right, Cig was the pioneer of the oval logo. Better send Bill Ford a letter!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Actually, the normal v in the 39 is not bad 4 an overnight or 2! Connie & I "tested" that out at the Miami show, Downs was left w/ a cleanup in aisle 4!!!!!
I thought that was glue from the headliner...

Just kidding, Everyone knows which boat i think the best is...We'll never live down the BAD batch of glue.
If you want a boat that looks good,rides good,runs good,Great Quality and great resale.....BUY A CIG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.