Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... >

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Notices

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wnelles
I could be wrong but didn't you have your boat for sale for a while. If so I would think you would understand that selling a large ticket item like a boat sometimes takes a while to find the right buyer. By the way I think Sunsation builds a very nice boat.

Wes
That new 36 XRT is pretty cool.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
From post #139 Jupiter Sunsation wrote: "I still have a 32 Sunsation that I bought new in 04......."
That explains why he writes what he writes...I understand now...

Todd
Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

For someone interested in real differences, i test drove many.

39 outerlimites, rear seats are low, hard to see out of side of boat, need alot of plate, light runs very fast with less power, well built, really should go to the 42 for an outerlimits.

39 cig greate ride, heavyer, nothing bad to say, alot like the donzi i ended up with

Didn't drive the norteck

Donzi, sim to a cig, a bit lighter, i love the rear bolster seats, no complaints with mine runs great, built well, i like the covergirl type cabin you can actually use the space, toilet etc. it is fairly wide open vs having an enclosed balthroom

38 fountain, great running fast boat but not built quit as well as the others, fairly small boat in compairison, cabin is small hard to us the batheroom, would go to a 42 for a fountain

...............I'll take one of each please..............
Old 10-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

That new 36 XRT is pretty cool.
The XRT boats have been a hit for Sunsation, I think they are too Star Trek like but they have sold a lot of 32's and a couple 36's.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TheGladiator
That explains why he writes what he writes...I understand now...

Todd
So Todd in your opinion if I owned a $20,000, 25 year old Cig then my opinion would be more valid commenting on a new 39? Would owning a old Cig "make me understand." What common denominator does any old Cig have with a new one other than the logo? If you want to push the "legend of Aronow" then remember he sold the company 30+ years ago, the company has had multiple owners and bankruptcies/lawsuits etc. so whatever legend is there is very small and is shared with every other brand of boat he once manufactured. How many Cig employees from the "glory years" are still left there manufacturing the boats today?

I have stated before there are many virtues of the brand, but like Harley Davidson in the 80's if you don't evolve your customers will go elsewhere. How many Honda Goldwing owners do you think started with Harleys? How come the "other brands" sell boats to former owners of Cig? Under certain reasoning, once you own the legend there is nothing left to aspire to!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wnelles
I could be wrong but didn't you have your boat for sale for a while. If so I would think you would understand that selling a large ticket item like a boat sometimes takes a while to find the right buyer. By the way I think Sunsation builds a very nice boat.

Wes
Yes Hideaway had my boat listed 2-3 years ago when they were a Sunsation dealer before Pierre got into trouble.

I understand the time to sell and hoped you saw my satire in that comment when comparing boats to Picassos.....
Old 10-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
So Todd in your opinion if I owned a $20,000, 25 year old Cig then my opinion would be more valid commenting on a new 39? Would owning a old Cig "make me understand." What common denominator does any old Cig have with a new one other than the logo? If you want to push the "legend of Aronow" then remember he sold the company 30+ years ago, the company has had multiple owners and bankruptcies/lawsuits etc. so whatever legend is there is very small and is shared with every other brand of boat he once manufactured. How many Cig employees from the "glory years" are still left there manufacturing the boats today?

I have stated before there are many virtues of the brand, but like Harley Davidson in the 80's if you don't evolve your customers will go elsewhere. How many Honda Goldwing owners do you think started with Harleys? How come the "other brands" sell boats to former owners of Cig? Under certain reasoning, once you own the legend there is nothing left to aspire to!
I really dont care about what happened to the multiple owners or workers 30 years ago...I know who builds them now for me(Lip-Ship) and I think I am in good hands!! I also know that deep down inside you probably want to own a Cigarette becuase they are what they are...period!! Everything out there is compared to a Cigarette one way or another...I am sure some of your buddy's that don't boat alot think that your sunsation is a Cigarette "type boat"... trust me, you will hear it everyday until you just own #1!

Todd
Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by richanton
I really like the way that the cockpit is laid out on a new Cig, they do a great job. Although I would be a little concerned about somebody getting impaled on one of those gunwale grab handles, that design just makes no sense.

For me, I would have a hard time getting over the lack of a useable cabin in a Cig. The OL cabin is very luxurious, and for the kind of coin one of these boats cost that is what I want.

OL started building the 37 in 1993 and built it for like 8 years- to compare apples to apples you would have to look at the OL 37 vs. a mid 90's straight bottom 38 gun or an early design twin-step from 2000. Like I said, in my opinion theres is no contest. To compare the OL 37 to a 39 gun with 700's makes no sense.

My thoughts exactly !
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

True story; 2007 Key West Worlds; Sunday a.m.; getting ready to head back to Miami; seas forecast for 7-9's outside the reef; winds 20-30mph; I pull up to a 43 Nortech rafted up at the gas dock while waiting for Wild to gas up his 38TG. I compliment the guy on the 43 which was a beautiful boat; he says thanks its not mine, I'm just Captaining it for the Owner and today with this water I'd rather be in yours.
I went back and thought about how you jumped me on the TS thread. So I pulled this thread up in question. Man, you are so way out of line. I answered your question rather nicely on the next page of this thread. As to your comment above... I CALL BS. I was the boat in front of Randy's 38...it was my 43. Im the one who pulled Randy's boat in behind mine, cause he had no room to squeeze in to fuel up....and we pushed the 55 MTI forward, and then my 43 so Randy could be pulled in by me and MY buddy. That was the first time I met Randy, and he was a very nice guy..We were all thankful that we got gas that day, after we were told that we might not till the next day, cause they were out. For the record I never said such a statement..and then you guys pulled out before me..So lets hear it now...which Captain were you talking about. Jeff
Old 01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
+1.....but that 427 is great looking!
I like both. The silver/red diesel boat is stunning! The angles on the deck are so sharp they look like they would cut you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.