Like Tree0Likes

Boating Toys for Tots Tour in Fla

Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 Chris Craft,

Whats the speed of the run, or there separate groups for us slow guys? ? I am thinking about the run, sounds like a great time for even better cause. But have a wakeboard boat so not gonna be fast.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hours View Post
Whats the speed of the run, or there separate groups for us slow guys? ? I am thinking about the run, sounds like a great time for even better cause. But have a wakeboard boat so not gonna be fast.
Don't worry about speed, if we all got there at once, we would be waiting at the dock to drop off toys. There are everything from 17' checkmates with 150 outboards to runabouts to Cig's and Cats. It is a good cause, and a good time Besides, if there are a few slower boats there, mine will look fast
Old 10-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 35 FOUNTAIN

There is going to be a group of boats in town friday morning. The plan is to leave the hotel at 1 pm and and take the St Johns down to Dunns creek, into Cresent lake and have lunch at 3 Bananas . The run is about 32 miles each way and is very scenic. This run can be made with any size boat and speed is not an issue. This route has a lot of tight turns so everyone stays close together.

Join in the fun friday and lets kick The Toys for Tots run off with a great lunch and some boating fun.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI

I hope we can make it, I'm in Camp Lejune right now working for the USMC. I think we will bring the hydrostream.
Dean
Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

My Boats: Fountain/MTI

Bill when I ran with you guys a few years ago, I tried running hard going down to Cresent City and it was not good, can back at about 35mph and it made for a fun trip. Hope to see everybody there this year.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 35 FOUNTAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTaboo View Post
Bill when I ran with you guys a few years ago, I tried running hard going down to Cresent City and it was not good, can back at about 35mph and it made for a fun trip. Hope to see everybody there this year.
Bill,

Come on down friday morning and join us on the lunch run.

You are right about the speeds on Dunns creek. Once you get on Cresent lake you can run the last 6 or 7 miles at any speed.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: new to me 388 slingshot 2000 velocity 390 sold 2005 390 velocity sold 2001 390 velocity sold 260 velocity sold 320 velocity sold 30ft velocity sold vr1 velocity sold 35 Cigarette sold. 34 phantom cur.

Ya wfo up the creek is not a good idea! been there done that but its fun!!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Registered

Default Whats the Happenin

I Received a call from Barry of the Jacksonville powerboat club those are really a great bunch there. They have always been big supporters of the Boating Toys for Tots Tour. I want to thank you all a million times over for your encouragement and support , and having listened to your suggestions and Ideas we will Kick the festivities up a lot .

On Friday Mid day there will be a lunch run leaving the hotel dock at 11:00 Am 20 miles of curves swerves and cut backs up Dunnís creek to Three Bananas in Crescent City for lunch
Friday evening some great food at Corky Belleís On the river .

Saturday Captains meeting at 10:00AM to be followed by 11:30 Start of the Toy Run Exactly 11:30 Trek 20plus miles South on the River To Welakka City Dock to be received by the US Marines The Mayor and the Police Chief ,then Lunch at Welaka Lodge just 50 yard away from the dock. There is also a fuel dock next door with premium gas. On the Return trip stop at the Palatka yacht Club for a 50/50 poker draw a chance to win BIG. Later in the evening back at the host Hotel we will have dinner at Ronnieís They have a great menu planned for us. After dinner a big party in the lounge with some real great music from a LIVE band . This band specializes in a lot of those sensational dance tunes from to 80ís and 70ís they are major FUN.

Then Sunday morning breakfast with all the friends you have met on the TFT tour. More to come stay tuned
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Registered

Default Friday lunch run

On friday we often do not have the same numbers as at the Saturday Toy run , so we might be able to be in a bit better control. and no one wants to miss out on that twisty turning swervy ride
Old 10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered

My Boats: 32 Doug Wright, 21 Eagle

We just booked our rooms! Looking forward to this event!