Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which 22' would you choose? >

Which 22' would you choose?

Notices

Which 22' would you choose?

Old 10-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 95 22 apache scout,had a long shaft 260 offshore outboard that would top out at 74 mph throwing everything at it to increase speed, was too slow for me and was kinda boring.. after I bought it I found out it was built by Regal, not sure what year the molds were sold to them but was quite a let down
Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by copiercat
I had a 95 22 apache scout,had a long shaft 260 offshore outboard that would top out at 74 mph throwing everything at it to increase speed, was too slow for me and was kinda boring.. after I bought it I found out it was built by Regal, not sure what year the molds were sold to them but was quite a let down
Are you sure it wasnt a Velocity?? never heard of Regal making Apaches
Old 10-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Are you sure it wasnt a Velocity?? never heard of Regal making Apaches
yes, I stopped by Apache in Miami and talked to Bob, he told me they sold them. Had a great indian /war bonnet on the side though..
It was built in Panama City I think he said..
Old 10-03-2010, 05:45 PM
JnT
Registered

I think it was Century that built the last 22 Apaches. Molds went to Blountstown FL then to GA . I drink a lot so don't hold me to it.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JnT
I think it was Century that built the last 22 Apaches. Molds went to Blountstown FL then to GA . I drink a lot so don't hold me to it.
I think your right, now I remember hearing something like that. Regal is in Orlando I believe.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Registered

Here's the story! I had a 17 sutphen with a BBC stroker and jet drive last summer, fast fun boat but i was always wanting a lil more boat for the waves. Then the Avanti 22' comes up for sale on CL and is 10mins from where i live!!!! I go look at the boat and was shocked on how well is was kept and the trailer was in great shape as well.. bad news the interior was shot, ****ty carpet sunpad and rear seat cracked etc but the boat was soild and fresh water use 98% of it's life... so i put the sutphen up for sale. I end up trading it for An M5 Bmw and!!!
525i Bmw!!!!!i wanted the cash but it was a killer trade....
it's all about timming....right when the end of the season started i put my C5 vette up for sale all wacked out low miles etc.. etc. i get a bite from a midlife wackjob who brings all 5 kids under 12 and the wife and the minivan and buys the Vette from me Cash!! Score!! a lil extra cash and the avanti is looking insight... i drive by the owners house everyother week to see if the boat had moved or maybe even sold but it stayed in the same spot on the side of his house with these 2 barn doors blocking 99.9% of the boat. I wait and wait and wait and then 1 week before my birthday on Jan 29 with some snow flakes in the air i call the 70 year avanti owner and then go buy the boat for Cents on the dollar.
The boat is then brought to my shop and i have been working on it since.
Going to use it for this summer and more Hp/tranny build for next year.
before i splash the boat i will post before and after pics!

Last edited by Meara_Image; 04-06-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: miss spell
Old 04-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered

Is that 22' Apache still for sale?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Not sure! but that lil 22 apache did have some good rigging to start..just wonder how many times that hull has been air born!
The Avanti that i bought has the drop out bolsters insted of the sit down in the apache and other stuff i just liked more than the apache. to each his own.
There are some killer deals out there!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

There's a nice, fully sorted 22' Progression in Scream & Fly. Having ridden in both the Progression and 22' Apache, I can tell you the Progression is lighter, faster and generally better built. Check it out:

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ot-Progression
Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
There's a nice, fully sorted 22' Progression in Scream & Fly. Having ridden in both the Progression and 22' Apache, I can tell you the Progression is lighter, faster and generally better built. Check it out:

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ot-Progression
I sure could buy a LOT more boat than that Progression for $45k.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.