Prop Repair in NY Help Needed >

Prop Repair in NY Help Needed

Notices

Prop Repair in NY Help Needed

Old 09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Prop Repair in NY Help Needed

A friend of mine has a ski boat with an inboard. He thinks the prop is brass. He was looking for a repair place in NY. He lives in Yonkers area. I remembered S&S Propeller in Queens, not sure if they are still in business. Anyone know of any place else?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
A friend of mine has a ski boat with an inboard. He thinks the prop is brass. He was looking for a repair place in NY. He lives in Yonkers area. I remembered S&S Propeller in Queens, not sure if they are still in business. Anyone know of any place else?
Thanks
Ski boat propellors are usually brass. I've always heard good things about Long Island Propellors, might want to give them a shot.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

S&S is a few blocks from my shop in Flushing......they are still in buisness.....ask for Mike.......

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 09-27-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered

OK Thanks John
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

no problem Andrew......how was the run Saturday......sounds like there was a decent turnout.......
Old 09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
no problem Andrew......how was the run Saturday......sounds like there was a decent turnout.......
I have horrible luck Johnny. Leaving the ramp i ran into a bunch of mud, it grabbed the prop and shut the motor down, but I started it up and was in the 5 mph zone to the restaurant. No issues. When the run started I got up to 65mph, 1.8 miles on the gps and the port motor overheated. I had to stop. On one motor back to the ramp the other motor was very hot also. My boat runs like Old Faithful, I did so much planning, programming, full tank of gas, entrance fee and wasnt even able to do the run. Sucked!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I do not think it is a brass prop, but a bronze or NiBral.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Do you have sea strainers?
No. They didnt come and I never had them installed. I think it would still have went thru them.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear that......That SUX.... same thing happend to me last year at the ramp......sucked up mud and was't getting enough water out the exaust......luckily my friend Vinny saved the day by removing all the water lines, and back flushing everything possible.......oil cooler, etc,etc.......
Old 09-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
Sorry to hear that......That SUX.... same thing happend to me last year at the ramp......sucked up mud and was't getting enough water out the exaust......luckily my friend Vinny saved the day by removing all the water lines, and back flushing everything possible.......oil cooler, etc,etc.......
Thats exactly I need to lean how to do. I'll have to pay to have it done this week lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.