Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
San Diego to Cabo Record Run! >

San Diego to Cabo Record Run!

Notices

San Diego to Cabo Record Run!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was outerlimitS not limit, 2 could not make it around L.I. two weeks ago...just stating facts am i wrong??
Old 09-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by quicklt1
that was outerlimitS not limit, 2 could not make it around L.I. two weeks ago...just stating facts am i wrong??
The other one didnt even try!! So get your facts straight!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
FYI - I know you're all kidding about the OL boat not making it around LI, I assume the quad diesel boat?

I went there (OL) last week just to see the boat and what went wrong. I can tell you the problem was minor and easily solved. All in all the boat, drives, engines all did 100%, the drop boxes had a minor oiling issue. It was not unsimilar to issues the Gancia had at one point.

The Brits seen what was wrong are making fixes and mark my words that boat will be one of the strongest running endurance racers in a long time, in fact the only boat that can challenge Buzzi!
I thought that may have been you there. I should of came over and said hi. Glad you liked the boat!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

My facts are straight....dont get bent....I was there showing my support with my kids, took tons of pictures at dock, and ate at Lamottas, boats are amazing and i was in total astonishment of how beautiful and finely rigged they were, i will proabably never be able to own such gorgeous boats,,,,That being said... they still didnt finish!! by choice or not...

Last edited by quicklt1; 09-28-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

Look for a full feature on the attempt in the next issue of Poker Runs America as well.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Colby
Look for a full feature on the attempt in the next issue of Poker Runs America as well.
So are you back with PRA Eric?? Hope everything is well!

Dan
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jajo
With support from a tequila company, a couple of well-known performance boaters are planning an endurance record run for the middle of November from the breakwater of San Diego, Calif., to the rocks of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Check it out ...

http://powerboatmag.com/jason-johnson-s-blog/
Sounds like a cool thing to do!! Good luck!! I'll wait on the beach in Cabo for the party!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skater40
The mexican navy will have a new toy to play with once they repatriate it.
Hey GS:
That is half the fun... the Mexican Navy won't even give chase anymore they simply do not have the fuel....no bull sht.

Now if you break down that is a whole other story you better be running a US documented boat or your gonna be in deep sh it. Oh and they better have a good VHF radio to get ahold of the USCG as the Mexican po po will try and board so they can sieze you tow you in and extract the mordida/aka cash.

Plus, insurance will not cover it if it is seized... up to you to get it back. Have fun with that one trust me it will be easier to steal it back once it is repaired by some FJP or local chief of police.

Hope these guys know WTF they are getting into this ain't a trip for the white collar types.

KAP

P.S. I will wait at Casa De Kappy with Dr. Margarita for the return party. I can see Mexico from my balcony and the Coronados.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kap328
Hey GS:
That is half the fun... the Mexican Navy won't even give chase anymore they simply do not have the fuel....no bull sht.

Now if you break down that is a whole other story you better be running a US documented boat or your gonna be in deep sh it. Oh and they better have a good VHF radio to get ahold of the USCG as the Mexican po po will try and board so they can sieze you tow you in and extract the mordida/aka cash.

Plus, insurance will not cover it if it is seized... up to you to get it back. Have fun with that one trust me it will be easier to steal it back once it is repaired by some FJP or local chief of police.

Hope these guys know WTF they are getting into this ain't a trip for the white collar types.

KAP

P.S. I will wait at Casa De Kappy with Dr. Margarita for the return party. I can see Mexico from my balcony and the Coronados.
His US insurance is no good in mexico as i would imagine he probably has Markel.
Can you imagine a 50' ol canopied cat with the mexico navy insigna on it and a pair of 50 cal. machine guns.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skater40
His US insurance is no good in mexico as i would imagine he probably has Markel.
Can you imagine a 50' ol canopied cat with the mexico navy insigna on it and a pair of 50 cal. machine guns.
Hey even with Mexican insurance good luck that place is worse than Columbia right now. All I can say is "F that" no way would I even think about taking my Outerlimits that far South.

As for the 50cals it would never happen it would be some Federal Judicial Police Generalismo running a few of his Lt. narco commandos across US waters with a nice load of JAJO on a no moon dark night.

I shake my head everytime I read stuff like this people just don't know or think they got it covered.

Good luck! I hope I don't see any of these guys on the next episode of locked up abroad.

See you at the Absolute Run.

KAP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.