Has anyone ran over a Pwc? >

Has anyone ran over a Pwc?

Notices

Has anyone ran over a Pwc?

Old 05-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite move is when the dumb-ass jetskier darts in front of you as you are starting to get on plane and your visibility is reduced. I wish they would ban the damn things from LOTO.
Or at least give you a hundred bucks for everyone you run over.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:15 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had two very near misses. Both of them were with my buddies boats. One was when I told him I wanted to drive home because they had all had a lot to drink. Well we were in his tripple engine 30 footer and running at about 60 when this girl that was riding to the left of us just turned into us. We were all yelling like mad and thankfully she heard us and was able to avoid becoming chum. The other time I was in a Billy Seabold Bouy racing boat when this guy just turned in front of me and I had to go into a full on turn at speed. Thank god I was in that boat, and it turned the way it did. A guy on the beach swears that when the bow bit and the whole boat flipped that they lower unit just missed the guys head. I was in shock and could not look as I thought that I had killed the guy. I thankfully just missed him. Well a couple min later the guy was doing the same ****!!!!! Now I have a new tacktic. I AIM RIGHT AT THEM. Beleive me it is worth the fingure that you get knowing that they are off plane and you are not going to hit them.

Jon
Old 05-09-2002, 12:20 PM
AC
Registered

PWC - Personal wrecking craft!

AC
Old 05-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

YES
Old 05-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Last summer I saw some guy back the PWC in the water, put two young kids 11, maybe 12 years old and leave. The took off and were a danger to everone one around.

.....WHERE ARE THE PARENTS!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

have'nt run one over but watched one make a new porthole on a 36' sea ray at the pumps!
yes there are more of them, yes they are easy to get rent or buy there fore you have more of the public on them so

more aholes
more crashes
more close calls

they need to be trained, educated, and marketed differently or they are gonna go the way of the 3 wheeled atv( bye- bye)
the marketing is the thing that gets me way to easy to finance then the commercials showing a pwc swapping the no wake zone marker, then tearing up the ocean with no boats around, so these morons get the grip it and rip it mentallity then when put in a high traffic situatuion they show no seamanship!

certification
certification!

seadoo has a learning key which acts as a governor and limits the
speed of the pwc based on the key in the safety lanyard, maybe they can do this by expierence or mental faculties,

Oh I'm sorry your a moron you get to sit on the trailer in the parking lot( no PWC for you)

off the soap box now

Mattyboy
Old 05-09-2002, 01:08 PM
Registered

We're on a bay were there are 7 jet ski rental places.

We've had so many near misses, I can't count. Las one was a guy with 2 kids on the back. We we're going about 50, with the jet ski about 150 yards of my port. For some unexplicable reason, the guy cut right accross my bow. I followed him, as he was returning his rental. Said he never saw me (aka he wasn't looking). Come on, 26' boat with yellow and purple graphics and he didn't see!

My near misses seem to be a weekly occurance lately.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Almost also. I was turning to port and this idiot decided to go around me: on my port side. After that I installed racing-style mirrors so I can see what's going on (without turning around) behind the boat.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

Yes.....I actually had one run into us and sink us to the bottom of the lake. A Sunday evening last fall, three of them doing their "tricks" and one decides to break from the group. He dashes in front of us nearly missing us as my wife is standing up waving her arms and yelling at him to get out of the way.....the guy never looks up, whips a 180 on the other side of us, then hammers the throttle and blasts into the side/rear of our boat like a torpedo. Boat was on bottom in about 4 minutes. I'm not one to wish harm to anyone, but this guy didn't even get hurt. His PWC hit the back of the boat and by the time his body went over the top, our boat had already passed and he landed in the water. To top it off he swims back to his PWC like he's going to take off. some friends were around to make sure that didn't happen and none of the PWC's even offered assistance which is also against the law!!! Needless to say...Bruce has had my boat all winter and it now has a new (reconditioned) motor and will be back on the water in about a week! All compliments of this jack*ss and his insurance company as he did have alcohol of a .03 or so....not bad but enough to be impaired!!

I guess I'll stop here before I get even more p*ssed than I have been all winter.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Registered

wow Dave, thats incredible. Good thing you're all OK. F the guy on the jet ski.

I don't think there is anything that gets my blood presuure up than those f&%&(* things.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ran over a Pwc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.