Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best wishes to DevilMan and SheDevil (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23998-best-wishes-devilman-shedevil.html)

PhantomChaos 05-09-2002 02:00 PM

UPDATE: Best wishes to DevilMan and SheDevil

1 Attachment(s)
Today is a very important day for two very good friends of mine, and of everyone in the SCOPE club. Ron says it better than I ever could in his email from a couple of weeks ago (shown below). Join me in wishing them the best today. I can't even begin to imagine the anticipation/anxiety of have of the coming procedure. My thoughts are for a quick recovery, and a very healthy happy future.

With prayers and love,
Nort

Hope everyone is having a great day. For the past 13 years, I have been battling diabetes....winning on some occasions and losing on others. Diabetes is one nasty disease and during its time with me, it has slowly eliminated my kidneys functioning properly. Currently, my kidneys are functioning around 20%.....which is not very good. I received this depressing news last summer and was told that I would eventually have to go on dialysis or receive a kidney transplant. During this period, my kidneys have continued to get worse. The only symptoms during this time was that I would become extremely fatigued at the end of the day and would have no energy during the evenings.

Well, that is the bad news...the good news is that by some miracle, Kristen and I have the same blood type and our tissues matched...so...she is giving me a great, young, healthy kidney on Thursday, May 9th!!!! This is all pretty incredible, as you can imagine. The success rate is extremely high....we will have to keep a very close watch on any virus' and or infections that can mess with the immune system....the big fear with a transplant is rejection. So, the bottom line is that I am extremely lucky to have a wife that loves me so much that she is willing to give me part of her and in a few months, I should be as good as new, so say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed.

In the meantime, you guys are going to have to carry the SCOPE flag and make sure we continue our torrid and successful pace. I have almost 5,000 poker run flyers to pass out at boating events, launch ramps, storage yards, dry slips, river trips, etc. I have always taken great pride in being the chief promoter, sales agent and marketer for the poker run....so, I really need each one of you to pitch in and promote and pass out those yellow flyers. With luck, I will be able to attend the poker run and check out all 200 boats in attendance and at the docks and watch with glee as Wayne pulls his hair out!!!!

That is pretty much it from my world....just a lot of Doctors appointments and needles in my arms. I will keep you all posted. Take care.

RS

rick32 05-09-2002 02:10 PM

Ronaldo !

Godspeed ( RonSpeed ! ) .... We shall see you & She Devil sooner than you think ! Best wishes on a steadfast recovery..!

Rick32:D :D :D :D

cigarette1 05-09-2002 02:11 PM

God Bless ...

Kristen is an angel

MissAmy 05-09-2002 02:13 PM

Wow...thanks for sharing that Nort.

I'm so glad I had the pleasure of meeting Devil and SheDevil out in Havasu. I didn't get to talk with them much, but enough to know that they are fine people and make a great couple.

Prayers are with you. And fingers and toes are crossed for a smooth and speedy recovery.

:)

ssherman 05-09-2002 02:19 PM

Best of wishes to Ron & Kristen.

Uncle Toys 05-09-2002 02:21 PM

Yes, Godspeed Ron. I am sure the procedure will run as awesome as your *****n Cig!

Kristen – I am in awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow

Dean Ferry 05-09-2002 02:26 PM

Best of luck to the both of you!
MD:D

jawbreakerkid 05-09-2002 02:40 PM

ron & kristen- wow! best wishes and good luck. i'm sure it will be no less than a success. i hope all turns out better than expected. the two of you are poster children for a truly successful marriage.

i feel that this is a perfect example of how fate takes its course in bringing two people together!

my thought and prayers are with the both of you,
chad

Mike C 05-09-2002 02:49 PM

God Speed & Good Recovery

From everyone at American Hot Boat Association, we wish you all the best. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Mike Campbell
AHBA Treasurer
Hot Boats Rule

G-Force 05-09-2002 03:12 PM

Wow. Get well soon seems a little...cliche. Amazing to see that kind of love between two people. I'd wish the man luck, but he already seems to have an overabundance. Oh hell, a little more luck never hurt anyone! Best of luck to you both.

Craig