Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX? >

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Notices

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed pm 203 loved my 47 gtx very easy to use compare to the sv even when the lid was off it was still a pain to get in and out both great boats none the less
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
The SV's are the same way. Pat could of had his boat open too.
mine was the 1st one built so it wasnt an option at that time
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boat looks bad a$$! A small emblem ghost painted on each side of the the back of the boat right above the rub rail (or where the rub rail would normally be) with the "XXX" emblem would be a nice touch to pay homage to its roots. Of course I would only add that if the new owner wanted it that way.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Guys, Guys, Guys,

The boat is NOT done yet so be patient. I guarantee you will not be disappointed and the boat will be incredible when done. Why did we paint? The boat was painted because it needed it. Interesting that people feel it lost it's identity when just about everyone we talked to told us the reason it didn't sell was because it said XXX and really needed to be painted and needed a new identity. Nonetheless, very cool boat. This boat is coming out very nice and will be ready in 2-3 weeks with new 1150EFI's, SSM6, Huber Trans, CMI exhaust ALL new interior and new gas tanks. We also stripped the trailer and it will be painted and gone thru with new tires installed. I will have more pics on 10/4 after boat is buffed out. We did switch the exhaust to come out transom and not thru engine hatch to allow consumer different options with noise reduction.

Stay tuned.

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Nice Work Scott!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Guys, Guys, Guys,

The boat is NOT done yet so be patient. I guarantee you will not be disappointed and the boat will be incredible when done. Why did we paint? The boat was painted because it needed it. Interesting that people feel it lost it's identity when just about everyone we talked to told us the reason it didn't sell was because it said XXX and really needed to be painted and needed a new identity. Nonetheless, very cool boat. This boat is coming out very nice and will be ready in 2-3 weeks with new 1150EFI's, SSM6, Huber Trans, CMI exhaust ALL new interior and new gas tanks. We also stripped the trailer and it will be painted and gone thru with new tires installed. I will have more pics on 10/4 after boat is buffed out. We did switch the exhaust to come out transom and not thru engine hatch to allow consumer different options with noise reduction.

Stay tuned.

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
Had to replace the gas tanks in this one too?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice paint booth!!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Looks nice! Can someone post some pictures of the original paint. I can't remember what it looked like.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
An OL being redone at Nortech. What to say? I 'll be nice. Boat looks great!
Next thing ya know, they will B re-do'n a Cig!!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Really?! Before you start talking sh!t (like you always do) you may want to get your facts straight. The Cig kilo boat ran an average speed of 163.7 with a one way pass of 171 during an actual sanctioned kilo record attempt. XXX ran 161. You can do math right?

And for the record, I agree the XXX boat looks amazing with the new paint. F*ckin' awesome job!
You mean the Skater kilo boat!! No offense but that boat is not a Cigarette hence my comment Tank. And Triple X was a pleasure boat people forget that too.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Triple X is a pleasure boat? Maybe it can pass for one, but lets be real about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.