Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX? >

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Notices

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Old 10-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XXX Has NO History. All BS, So who cares.

Mike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2NHBoiP9Go

Last edited by Hauling Trash; 10-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
I think talking about the XXX vs Cig is stupid. Many years apart, and the Cig from what I understand had near 1800hp with the quad turbo motors. This is from my memory so I might be a little off but its not apples to apples.

I've personally been in the SV43 with 1500hp and its still pulling and drivable at 170+. If I remember correctly, they said the Cig was violently out of control. I know what I saw while racing in P1 last year, the Cig was out of control, decent straghit line speeds in calm water, but turning, chop or rough water was the demise of the Cig in P1.

The XXX was an incredible boat and turned many heads. Sad to see it get painted, but its paint, it doesn't last forever. Having some ghost XXX on the new paint would be awesome.

Dustin, I agree with virtually everything you said. Only reason I brought it up is because the Cig ran faster than the XXX boat in a Kilo unlike what was posted earlier. Apples to apples though? Hey, if youre going for the Kilo record bring your A game brother. You guys had the opportunity to put bigger power in XXX and push it harder but it didn't happen for whatever reason.

In regards to the Cig, JT said it was wild at 170+ and he let off the throttle even though it had a lot left. No pad on the bottom and the bottom needed tweaking (which it got later before it was sold). Then there's the whole "balancing a bowling ball on a razor blade" theory with that boat. If they would pad the bottoms it would take away the handling issues. Skip didn't want to pad the bottom because that's not what Cig does, it would've taken a lot of money and he had already threw a ton of cash at the project.Just for the record though, Peter did have input but it was a Cig design.

Not to hijack the thread (then again, how can you bring that boat up with out all of this - its history)...Again, the XXX boat was awesome the way it was and they're doing an amazing job with the new paint and rigging.

And for the record, I loved what Mike and team OL was doing a few years back with XXX. Going after the speed record and getting people talking. Pushing Fountain to push harder and ultimately getting Cig to go for it too. That unfortunately now is a time gone and probably wont be back for a looooooong time even if I would like to see it come back (as I wrote in my blog a few months back).
Old 10-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
I think talking about the XXX vs Cig is stupid. Many years apart, and the Cig from what I understand had near 1800hp with the quad turbo motors. This is from my memory so I might be a little off but its not apples to apples.

I've personally been in the SV43 with 1500hp and its still pulling and drivable at 170+. If I remember correctly, they said the Cig was violently out of control. I know what I saw while racing in P1 last year, the Cig was out of control, decent straghit line speeds in calm water, but turning, chop or rough water was the demise of the Cig in P1.

The XXX was an incredible boat and turned many heads. Sad to see it get painted, but its paint, it doesn't last forever. Having some ghost XXX on the new paint would be awesome.

Well put Dustin!!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdowns
I love when people post on stuff they know NOTHING about. If you want you can come to Pickwick and i'll show you our sales from this year.... The three SOLD 48 MTI's w/ 1350's being built now does'nt hurt either..

Thats great to hear about new boat sales. Lets keep these plants building boats. Keep up the great job.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
XXX Has NO History. All BS, So who cares.

Mike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2NHBoiP9Go
Don't hate bro. If it wasn't for XXX and Mikes claims, Reggie would not have ever come back and put up the 171 #. And to that affect, Cigarette would have held the title at 163 (beating Fountains previous record of 161) in 2006. Who knows if Reggie wouldn've been in position at that time to take the title back from Cig if he didn't already put the number up in 04.

The competition was healthy and kept everyone around these parts on the edge of their seats. It was a fun time to be reading the latest news about the battle for the Kilo record. Like I said above, I miss that time.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Registered

Love him or hate him Reggie loves to go fast. The guy cracks me up!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:39 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Don't hate bro. If it wasn't for XXX and Mikes claims, Reggie would not have ever come back and put up the 171 #. And to that affect, Cigarette would have held the title at 163 (beating Fountains previous record of 161) in 2006. Who knows if Reggie wouldn've been in position at that time to take the title back from Cig if he didn't already put the number up in 04.

The competition was healthy and kept everyone around these parts on the edge of their seats. It was a fun time to be reading the latest news about the battle for the Kilo record. Like I said above, I miss that time.
Couldn't agree more this statement! Well said Tank
Old 10-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
Who's painting it and wheres that paint booth? Top shelf it looks like!
The booth is at the Nor-Tech factory in North Ft. Myers.
Attached Thumbnails Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?-pic003.jpg   Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?-pic000.jpg   Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?-pic002.jpg  

Old 10-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

You got that right!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone know why this one is for sale already?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36036-en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.