Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX? >

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Notices

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
That's right. Alot better than the SV's.
The SV's are the same way. Pat could of had his boat open too.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Even with both of his tops off, the boat was still not user friendly. Buddy's 47 GTX is alot easier to use and makes more sense. The SV has that fixed rear window, the GTX does not.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
The paint job looks very nice and fresh. I would sneak XXX on there somewhere too.
+1! I'd sneak a XXX right by the VIN too.

Last edited by SS930; 10-01-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnlomant
we saw it in Acworth Ga not long ago I wonder who is painting the boat?
Month or 3-6 weeks ago it was headed down I 24 thru nashville.
Allen
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
does the same guy own the viper powered 39 still? I have drooled over that for a couple years.... another winter and it might be in my price range...
Yeah if I had the cash I'd definitely own it. Got to ride in it labor day weekend and I was very impressed. I thought the boat was in excellent condition and the quality was awesome. Boat ran very well with the v10's it's a pretty quick boat!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Same observation could be made about an 09 NT 3600 done in two tone purple and is now redone in blue/silver/black and is 100K less!

Shogren is a realist, he sells more boats than anyone right now and will repaint a boat to make it more appealing to a bigger group of buyers (Canada Thrust, XXX etc). Smart guy!
O Really ????
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by cdowns
O Really ????
Sorry Scott....I had to do it.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Mike Fiore built the boat for the kilo record, which it held for a few months until Reggie beat it. I think it was in the high 160's w/1500 Sterlings. He then re-rigged the boat with 1075's and sold it to Jim W. Jim has had 3 OL's and then went to the NT 44 cat. Boat was notorious for breaking down at Poker Runs towards the end of its life. Stupid stuff would break on those 1075's.

Boat is big and very cool looking with the canopy but it can be a turn off for some buyers due to blind spots/lack of rub rail. Boat can be a workout around the docks in tight areas.

For the money I would rather have the usability of a 46 Cig/46 OL than a canopy OL that goes 10 mph faster.
For the record at the time there was a lot of smack talk going around about who had the fastest V bottom - Fountain or OL. Going into the Miami show that year (2004 ) Reggie announced that he was going to make another world record attempt on an officially timed and measured and sanctioned kilo course - in full view of the public. He did not invite OL. He did in fact beat his own record that weekend averaging over 160mph on the official two way kilo run. On monday Reggie put out a PR and a video announcing it to the world and rightfully claimed to have the worlds fastest V going into the Miami show .

Well on Tuesday the fun began because as everyone was hauling their wares to Miami for the show Outerlimits puts out their own PR claiming that XXX had in fact made a speed run on the previous Friday and they had run 161 mph - one MPH faster than Fountain. The only proof to back up this after-the-fact claim was a photo of a GPS unit displaying 161 mph. Their lack of proof nor their lack of adherance to generally accepted rules for making a world record attempt did not stop OL from also going to the Miami show and claiming to have the fastest V bottoms in the world.

To my knowlege XXX never ran in an official kilo run - before or after this GPS incident. So the only claim XXX ever had to being the worlds fastest V was solely based on a single pic of a GPS unit. Some bought into this, many others wanted to see XXX prove it on a kilo course - which it never did to my knowlege.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered

Who's worse...... politicians or boat builders??
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Yes he owned both. He traded Triple X for a Nor-Tech cat. Triple X still ran faster than any Cigarette in existance! Hell, that 39GTX almost does!!!
Really?! Before you start talking sh!t (like you always do) you may want to get your facts straight. The Cig kilo boat ran an average speed of 163.7 with a one way pass of 171 during an actual sanctioned kilo record attempt. XXX ran 161. You can do math right?

And for the record, I agree the XXX boat looks amazing with the new paint. F*ckin' awesome job!

Last edited by thisistank; 10-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.