Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Godspeed and R.I.P. Dad.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240429-godspeed-r-i-p-dad.html)

berns29scarab 10-08-2010 07:35 AM

Godspeed and R.I.P. Dad....

thank you all very much...dad passed Sunday AM. has been a tuff 28 months for sure. Mom was diagnosed May 08 with ovarian and passed Apr 09, dad got diagnosed 27 days later, did 12 rounds of chemo, got a clean bill of health Feb 10, went back to Fla and thought we were in the clear. 90 days later went for a follow up scan and they found activity in the lymphnodes around the lungs. without saying anything he drove himself up here from FLA, started treatments again and got thru 2 but they beat his ass. july 1st we took him to the hops dehydrated and borderline malnourished. spent 9 days in the hosp then was sent to rehab due to loosing a large majority of his muscle and was just never able to bounce back. He fought the best he could and passed in the comfort of his own home with myself and my younger bro and sis by his side. Thank for all the thoughts prayers and well wishes. Dad please take care of mom and R.I.P. my friend. Love and miss you already.

thank you all very much. had an incredible showing for my dads service yesterday and i'd like to thank all of you for your thoughts prayers and well wishes.
For about 3 years Tues nights were boys nite for dad and I...i'd grab a pizza and a 12 pack and go to his house and we'd watch the World Series of Poker. Told my father i wanted to hit vegas and play it in 09. He said absolutely and was gonna split the entry fee w me. Unfortunately he got ill and i didnt make the trip. I've been boatless since summer 08 due to some financial issues. About 2 weeks ago my father said to me...pal i want ya to promise me 2 things...1) that you'll play in the WSOP, 2) that'll you'll get your ass another boat since the only thing you truely enjoy is burning fuel...so with that said i have 2 things to do for my pops.

Magic Medicine 10-08-2010 07:43 AM

Sorry for loss Bern!

RIP

Airpacker 10-08-2010 07:54 AM

Sorry for your loss Bernie. Sounds like your dad put up a heck of a good fight.

Remember all the good times. No one can take those memories away from you.

SpeedGirl 10-08-2010 07:56 AM

Very sorry for your loss :(

akaboatman 10-08-2010 08:05 AM

Sorry for your loss. Godspeed

ktron 10-08-2010 08:31 AM

God bless

Racegirl3 10-08-2010 08:39 AM

So sorry Bernie :(

jayboat 10-08-2010 08:52 AM

Sorry for your loss, Bernie.

sleev-les 10-08-2010 08:56 AM

Sorry for your loss....

Bobthebuilder 10-08-2010 08:58 AM

So very sorry for your loss, Bernie. You will have a lot of great memories of him I am sure. All the best to you and your family,
Bob