hello all...input/opinions needed >

hello all...input/opinions needed

Notices

hello all...input/opinions needed

Old 10-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
my boat is the one with the deeper cockpit because it has saddle tanks.
thats it, its for sale too right, I looked back at the #4 boat didn't see a stagger either which would help with saddle tanks don't you have a stagger in yours? always liked the 33 there was one out of boston that went out with us once think it was a 3 manit eat up the rough out in cape cod bay when it was kicken up one day. all listed are nice just the one with 290 plus hours on stock drives and motors is going to need rebuilds soon if the drives don't break sooner.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Bern, I didn't check all the links but I'd go with a mildly powered Powerplay hands down for looks, speed and reliability.

A friend used to own a 33' with Bravo's and a pair of 650 hp 540's, the boat was Reliable and Fast. It handled the rough water better than a lot of boats that are bigger. My friend Billy also owns a 28' PP and runs with us on the ocean and he can pretty much hang in there with the rest of us who have much bigger boats.

That size range is just big enough to run the ocean but small enough to run mild power and still have good speed and reliability in my opinion.

Frank
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by DM
This one used to pass us in the 1000 Islands. Very clean and fast. All the boats you listed are nice in my opinion and maybe you are not into Fountains. May be something to look at though.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36100-en.html
Would consider this boat too...looks to be well maintained.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

33 AVS Scarab is a good running boat as well
Old 10-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
This is what you want, and is not far from your price range. Everything is new (except for the hull).
love the boat bro, but few things that concern me are resale, as its not as well as known of a boat as PP or Cig, and the additional $10k
Old 10-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32113-en.html

thoughts on the prochargers ? is this Franks boat ?

also ive been told speedmaster parts are getting scarce
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Give the rwb cig a good look. I know the dealer that gas it, as well as the prior owner of the boat. It was a fresh water boat from erie. Updated a bit and very well maintained.
which are you referring to bro
Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
love the boat bro, but few things that concern me are resale, as its not as well as known of a boat as PP or Cig, and the additional $10k
I understand. You get what you pay for, or sometimes you get more that you what you expected (in this case) if you buy the Phantom (more meaning beneficial, not headaches). Either way I wish you the best in your search for a boat.

At least with the Phantom just about everything is new or almost new, on the boat and trailer. The motors (540cu.in EFI) probably have less than 12 hours of total run time. Yes, Phantoms are not a well-known brand of pleasure boats, but well-known in the race boat crowd being and a proven consisten winner with the SVL (30' Phantom), and Simmons Marine (34' Phantom), and the 39' raceboats.

I love Cigarettes and PP, but there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to performance in the Phantom and the other brands you are considering, it is night and day.

Last edited by Smarty; 10-11-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32113-en.html

thoughts on the prochargers ? is this Franks boat ?

also ive been told speedmaster parts are getting scarce
ProChargers = KABOOM!

SSM #4's = has them on my Outerlimits and that was 6yrs ago and parts were very hard to come by then
Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Just my opinion.
If you want reliability, you know the deal 500/525 and no blowers.
Also, if concerned about resale, Cigarette has the better name, nothing against PP because they build an awesome boat and are well respected in the offshore community but.....I know what it was like selling my Kryptonite, everyone loved it but no-one outside our circle knew what it was and tried comparing it to a Cig, Fountain, Baja, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.