Hey UNCLE TOYS!!   Looky..... >

Hey UNCLE TOYS!! Looky.....

Notices

Hey UNCLE TOYS!! Looky.....

Old 05-09-2002, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey UNCLE TOYS!! Looky.....

...at what Sam came up with for your t-shirt design. I actually thought it came out pretty well. The artwork could use some fine tuning, but the concept is kinda cool. Of course, I'm biased!!

I thought you might enjoy seeing what my son has been working on for the last few evenings. Plus, he asked me to post it on the board so "everyone can see it". He thinks he's famous now!

The drawing was too big to scan, so I had to do it in pieces. The lettering got cut off so i had to do it separetly.
Attached Thumbnails Hey UNCLE TOYS!!   Looky.....-uncle-toys.jpg  

Last edited by MissAmy; 05-10-2002 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:40 PM
Registered

And here is the lettering. If you look closely, notice the flames coming out of the tops of the letters.

sorry the pics arent' bigger. But it kept telling me the pictures were too big to post..
Attached Thumbnails Hey UNCLE TOYS!!   Looky.....-uncle-toys-lettering.jpg  
Old 05-10-2002, 02:04 AM
Fever500

Uncle Toys ..

You are now an Official Legend/Role Model!!

Old 05-10-2002, 09:40 AM
Kohldog

Great Job Sam!

Last edited by Kohldog; 05-10-2002 at 09:43 AM.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Uncle Toys

Dear Sam:

I dragged myself into work this morning, the end of a difficult week. First thing I opened was your mothers post with your artwork. Now I can’t seem to remember why I thought this week was difficult – that’s how happy your picture has made me this morning.

It would be unwise to tell the story (in this forum) of my nickname and the impact a ten-year-old boys drawing has on me. The good-natured teasing my OSO brothers would hand out might be a bit much. So I will save the story for the time your mom and dad bring you out to Havasu for a ride in my boat. Hopefully we can find suitable conditions so we can put you behind the wheel for a drive.

There is one thing missing in your art. Could you possibly add your first name and the year? I think that would add a nice touch.

Finding the right people to make the shirts might take a little time, but as soon as I can get it done, there will be one coming at you in the mail.

Once again, thanks for making my day!

Joe
aka Uncle Toys

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 05-13-2002 at 12:11 PM.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Registered

Joe,

I am SO glad you saw this post. I was worried that perhpas you had already left for Mother's Day weekend at Havasu.

He will be thrilled to hear from you. I will let him type back to you when he gets home from school.

And, fyi.....YOU have made MY day with your kind words.

Hope you have a great weekend.

And thanks Kohldog also!
Old 05-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Ditto Joe
Old 05-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey UT,
Sounds like you made quite an impression on a special young boy.

You won't get flack from us for being touched by his gesture! Cool!

BTW,
Nice Artwork!
Old 05-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

UT
If you can not find someone there I have people here that can do that. I think the min. is 10 T-shirts. We had some made up for a friend whos boat name is "Heartbreaker" Had shirts made up that said "I surrived the Heartbreaker" You should hear the questions I get when I have that shirt on. Shirts are great to give to people after you give them a ride.

I had hats made up for my boat already (Just say "High Voltage" but have not come up with a shirt yet.

I guess I could put out to OSO to come up with something.

Sure wish I could be there this weekend. I am off to work project prom as the gopher, & be wishing I am there.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Uncle Toys

Miss Amy - Well, this day just keeps getting better! My wife just called and told me my daughter asked if she could come up to the lake with us. Hmmm, I wonder what change her mind - or was it who?

Back to Sam's art work. You know, I'm going to need some help from you. I will need the full picture and in color (hopefully after his name is added). Could I reimburse you for having someone scan it in one piece and have them email it to me in a jpg file?

Not having a natural touch for art, I was thinking about taking it to a professsional for help on how to postion it on a shirt. Possibly incorporate a picture of the boat? Possibly like the Skaterfest shirt? I don't know - but whenever I start thinking about things like this, I know I am out of my league.

Turbojack - Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know. Is this guy a designer, or just a manufactor?

Quick Reply: Hey UNCLE TOYS!! Looky.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.