blow through superchargers >

blow through superchargers

Notices

blow through superchargers

Old 10-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I have been sitting beside ZXXX's boat running a 103mph like it was nobody's business. That thing is a freakn beast. I almost died in it before I realized how fast it really was and how much power that set up made on the top end. That boat has hurt alot of peoples feelings. It is one bad mofo!
Wow, and that is coming from a guy that has 4 whiffles. 2 of them with a side of #6!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I just like to stir up the stew. I know there are guys that can make them run, I know there are guys that can't make them run. THere are hundreds if not thousands of these kits out there still running fine, so at some point, someone must have figured out how to make them run, I just get ticked when guys try to slap around the guy with the opinion.

Especially when someone starts a thread asking for an opinion.

I know they make tremendous power. It is just hard to find a guy with enough set ups under his belt to know which ones work and which ones don't. If you find that guy, then it is gonna cost you a brisket, not a steak.

Dollar for dollar in today's market, and buying all brand new stuff and not stuff that is used in the OSO classified's or on ebay.

Whipples are the way to go if you have clearance problems under your hatch. And I actually am not an advocate of the whipple because I like the look of the giant 14-71 on top of the engine, but everyone has an opinion.

Enjoy the project, and I hope it works out for you.
I gave him a few names. More exist. Actually many of the big name builders are playing around with Turbo's. The tuning and setup of those should make a little Procharger install look like a joke. Young Performance did a bang up job on Procharged build. No it was not a PBNJ style install job but it did not break the bank.

Yes, you can certainly spend brisket money on them.

I am not going to argue with a guy that has a 27 Magnum. It is one of my favs

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 10-12-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

I would like to thank everyone for all the information, I never looked at the whipple charger system because I did not realize that they had a chiller in them. I will buy something , I don't have a problem spending money, I just want something that will work with out blowing up. I will dyno at least one motor and both carburetors to make sure there is no lean condition .
Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
I gave him a few names. More exist. Actually many of the big name builders are playing around with Turbo's. The tuning and setup of those should make a little Procharger install look like a joke. Young Performance did a bang up job on Procharged build. No it was not a PBNJ style install job but it did not break the bank.

Yes, you can certainly spend brisket money on them.

I am not going to argue with a guy that has a 27 Magnum. It is one of my favs
You can argue with me now since the Magnum is back up playing on the Jersey Shore