Notices

Creative rigging..

Old 10-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative rigging..

I've had some beauties come through the shop lately and this one I just had to share.. This was supplying a 1000hp (supposedly) blower motor. I'll dyno the motor this weekend, that should be equally entertaining. This was supplied by a stock merc water sep filter too, and installed well above the top of the tank, with the stock pick up. I can save a lot of time now that I've learned ths trick!
Attached Thumbnails Creative rigging..-fuelpump.jpg   Creative rigging..-fuelpump2.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i found out on my skater dont use aeromotive they dont like to pull fuel and you cant put the pick up on the bottom of the tank on a skater going to bosh in tank pumps quieter and stay cool just like cars but i am only 750 hp na
Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Registered

Lets take a power steering cooler and put it in the return line with some hose clamps, that will help right?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
I've had some beauties come through the shop lately and this one I just had to share.. This was supplying a 1000hp (supposedly) blower motor. I'll dyno the motor this weekend, that should be equally entertaining. This was supplied by a stock merc water sep filter too, and installed well above the top of the tank, with the stock pick up. I can save a lot of time now that I've learned ths trick!

Hey man, why are you making fun of the fuel system I just finished up. That was some of my better work.

I can relate with you. I have seen some incredible stuff over the last few years. It is amazing that it runs at all. Then they are dumbfounded when it blows up. Everyone is scratching their head trying to figure out what went wrong when the engine is full of stuff like that.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I thought you might appreciate that little trick Eddie.
This is the third boat this year from the same shop. All of them burnt up in one way or another. One of them literally! This guy's engines are just as good as his rigging.. I have also seen a lot of good engines that never stood a chance and some good builders get thrown under the bus due to a chitty install.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Young Performance
Hey man, why are you making fun of the fuel system I just finished up. That was some of my better work.
You're one laaazy "rigger".......

Last edited by Coolerman; 10-15-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
I have also seen a lot of good engines that never stood a chance and some good builders get thrown under the bus due to a chitty install.
AMEN !!!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by saxman
You're one laaazy "rigger".......
Almost spit my coffee out..
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Also the brass fittings are way too small and brass fittings should never be used on a big power engine. I would be afraid of blowing the engine on the dyno with that setup.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Omg

We sell S-X pumps. I have also seen this many times. The customer will blame the blow up on the pump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.