Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Creative rigging.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240784-creative-rigging.html)

HaxbySpeed 10-14-2010 12:47 PM

Creative rigging..

2 Attachment(s)
I've had some beauties come through the shop lately and this one I just had to share.. This was supplying a 1000hp (supposedly) blower motor. I'll dyno the motor this weekend, that should be equally entertaining. This was supplied by a stock merc water sep filter too, and installed well above the top of the tank, with the stock pick up. I can save a lot of time now that I've learned ths trick! :grinser010:

JIMKID Motorsports 10-14-2010 12:57 PM

i found out on my skater dont use aeromotive they dont like to pull fuel and you cant put the pick up on the bottom of the tank on a skater going to bosh in tank pumps quieter and stay cool just like cars but i am only 750 hp na

Boat1 10-14-2010 02:00 PM

Lets take a power steering cooler and put it in the return line with some hose clamps, that will help right?

Young Performance 10-14-2010 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed (Post 3230407)
I've had some beauties come through the shop lately and this one I just had to share.. This was supplying a 1000hp (supposedly) blower motor. I'll dyno the motor this weekend, that should be equally entertaining. This was supplied by a stock merc water sep filter too, and installed well above the top of the tank, with the stock pick up. I can save a lot of time now that I've learned ths trick! :grinser010:

Hey man, why are you making fun of the fuel system I just finished up. That was some of my better work.:lolhit:

I can relate with you. I have seen some incredible stuff over the last few years. It is amazing that it runs at all. Then they are dumbfounded when it blows up. Everyone is scratching their head trying to figure out what went wrong when the engine is full of stuff like that.

HaxbySpeed 10-15-2010 08:48 AM

I thought you might appreciate that little trick Eddie. :lolhit:
This is the third boat this year from the same shop. All of them burnt up in one way or another. One of them literally! This guy's engines are just as good as his rigging.. I have also seen a lot of good engines that never stood a chance and some good builders get thrown under the bus due to a chitty install.

Coolerman 10-15-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3230931)
Hey man, why are you making fun of the fuel system I just finished up. That was some of my better work.:lolhit:

You're one laaazy "rigger"....... :D:D

thumper038 10-15-2010 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed (Post 3231112)
I have also seen a lot of good engines that never stood a chance and some good builders get thrown under the bus due to a chitty install.

AMEN !!!:coolcowboy:

HaxbySpeed 10-15-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 3231135)

Almost spit my coffee out..

Brad Zastrow 10-15-2010 09:46 AM

Also the brass fittings are way too small and brass fittings should never be used on a big power engine. I would be afraid of blowing the engine on the dyno with that setup.

Jb-fse 10-15-2010 10:14 AM

Omg

We sell S-X pumps. I have also seen this many times. The customer will blame the blow up on the pump.

Young Performance 10-15-2010 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 3231135)

Rigger Please!!!:lolhit:

jeff1000man 10-15-2010 10:49 AM

You know I never thought about it until you posted that pic and statement, but those vortech engines that I just pulled out of that Nortech and sold off were rigged the same way. Stock merc water seperator, small lines, return lines going back to the pump instead of the regulator.

Maybe that is why the thngs kept blowing up.

BAD rigger, BAD rigger. :coolcowboy: