Celebrating the 50 :)

Old 10-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Celebrating the 50 :)

Hi!

I hope you all are well.

Yes, soon I am crossing the 50 year figure (and 10 years at Offshoreonly ). My wife and I plan to celebrate it in US, close to the sea and the boating life. We are once a year at Catalina Island, when I am in LA on business trip. And we love the place. We are travelling over primo November, but would be very happy for any ideas for a similar place to visit in March.

We have been thinking of Florida. Our down closer to San Diego. Or maybe the lakes?

We love bars, restuarants, marinas and boating life. If we travel to Florida I may have the chance to visit some factories, take a boat trip and sit in a bar at the marina. Or a Pokerun .. That would be awesome. We are not so much the organised sightseeing people. We take the day as it comes.

The summer is over now in Norway, and we appreciate all suggestions!

All the best,

Heidi and Toffen,
Lillesand, Norway

Last edited by Toffen; 10-10-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toffen
Hi!

I hope you all are well.

Yes, soon I am crossing the 50 year figure (and 10 years at Offshoreonly ). My wife and I plan to celebrate it in US, close to the sea and the boating life. We are once a year at Catalina Island, when I am in LA on business trip. And we love the place. We are travelling over primo November, but would be very happy for any ideas for a similar place to visit in March.

We have been thinking of Florida. Our down closer to San Diego. Or maybe the lakes?

We love bars, restuarants, marinas and boating life. If we travel to Florida I may have the chance to visit some factories, take a boat trip and sit in a bar at the marina. Or a Pokerun .. That would be awesome. We are not so much the organised sightseeing people. We take the day as it comes.

The summer is over now in Norway, and we appreciate all suggestions!

All the best,

Heidi and Toffen,
Lillesand, Norway
Hey Toff long time no see bro. You've been on OSO as long as I have(well kinda lol). Do you have a boat here in the States? I think you should not miss the Key West races and the FPC poker run.

www.flpowerboat.com
Old 10-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SW florida area (Sanibel, Captiva, Naples, Ft. Meyers) is a boating paradise in my opinion. Don't know about any events that time of the year. But go there rent a boat and have a blast.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

South Florida for either the Key West races or February for the Miami boat show would be my choices.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi!

Thanks guys! I will check around

We will travel to US the 25 th Feb and stay until March the 6th. We do not have any boat in the states. Only back home here in Norway. I know a guy from my neighbourhood living around Naples, so I will chase him. He built himself a house there a couple of years ago.

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 10-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glenncal1
The SW florida area (Sanibel, Captiva, Naples, Ft. Meyers) is a boating paradise in my opinion. Don't know about any events that time of the year. But go there rent a boat and have a blast.
Ditto + Key West & congratz on BIG 50
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Toffen!

Congratulations on being on OSO for a decade, also Happy Early 50th Birthday Toffen. Hope you and Heidi have a great time when you decide where you will be going and Celebrating your Birthday.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi!

Its always been a pleasure to visit Offshoreonly. I remember when it had a different format, I wonder if it was in 1998. So time is running!

I had a dream of a Cigaratte Gladiator when I became 50, but it will be a new outboard instead. He he. But boating will be great fun anyway

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 10-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So Florida for sure ,fast offshore powerboats were invented here.