Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don"t Get It!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240941-don-t-get.html)

ROADHOG 10-17-2010 03:49 PM

Don"t Get It!!!!

Called Fountain the other day to see how much they wanted for 6 pieces of vinyl to recover my sun pad. The 6 pieces are not that large. I did inquire about the Logo on the pads. Customer service said $2100.00 for 6 pieces of vinyl. I check here in town and had estimates from $1200.00 to $1500.00 to do the whole job.

You would think a company that just got BAILD OUT of BANKRUPCY would be a little more competitive in their PRICING of aftermarket items. If they can't have it ALL they don't want ANY!!!!!

Let me clarify the 6 pieces of vinyl, it was only the vinyl no cushions or install. I would have to contract the installation to the hatch separately.

Catmando 10-17-2010 03:54 PM

"cheap" and "Marine" cannot be said in the same sentence. :lolhit:

boatme 10-17-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ROADHOG (Post 3232422)
Called Fountain the other day to see how much they wanted for 6 pieces of vinyl to recover my sun pad. The 6 pieces are not that large. I did inquire about the Logo on the pads. Customer service said $2100.00 for 6 pieces of vinyl. I check here in town and had estimates from $1200.00 to $1500.00 to do the whole job.

You would think a company that just got BAILD OUT of BANKRUPCY would be a little more competitive in their PRICING of aftermarket items. If they can't have it ALL they don't want ANY!!!!!

Let me clarify the 6 pieces of vinyl, it was only the vinyl no cushions or install. I would have to contract the installation to the hatch separately.

Call Craig at Appearance Products In Grand Rapids Michigan
(616) 827-8641 tell him his buddy Marc sent you He can help you out

fountainracing65 10-17-2010 10:33 PM

I guess ROADHOG has never owned a Harley or a exotic car, RV or a airplane. Got news for you....thats how it works...sorry.

fountainracing65 10-17-2010 10:36 PM

I had a "local guy" give me a bid on fixing my Ferarri top too. Guess I would rather go to the source rather than take a chance on after market

pullmytrigger 10-17-2010 10:54 PM

it used to be anything from Fountain.....$$ x2 or 3

guess nothing has changed....

jeff1000man 10-18-2010 12:28 AM

Reggie has more overhead........

PatriYacht 10-18-2010 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 3232694)
I guess ROADHOG has never owned a Harley or a exotic car, RV or a airplane. Got news for you....thats how it works...sorry.

I am glad that OEM's sell their stuff at top dollar, that's why there is room for companies like mine, not in the marine business, (industrial filters) but still the same concept. Customer just called me for a HEPA filter for a Torit/Donaldson, as the OEM of the equipment they wanted $320.00. I can sell a better filter for $130.00. They don't make that filter anyway, and like most OEM's they buy for a good price and jack it way up. OEM's often change suppliers at a drop of hat, so their quality can vary, die lots can change, weights can change, so there is no assurance that Gerry (Road Hog) would be getting something better from Fountain. Maybe you have money to throw around but most of us don't or just don't want to.

www.thefiltergroup.com LOL just in case anyone needs a filter Donna

Brad Zastrow 10-18-2010 02:18 PM

How about Mercury Marine and Mercury Racing? List prices are crazy.

RunninHotRacing163.1 10-18-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3232426)
"cheap" and "Marine" cannot be said in the same sentence. :lolhit:

EXACTLY !:drink::drink::drink::drink: