Notices

Carbon fiber vinyl

Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyone have pics of a carbon fiber vinyl interior?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket

I always had great dealings with Miami Corp.

I got my carbon vinyl for my mini boat from them
I see they carry carbon fiber options from both Enduratex, and Morbern. From my direct experience with Enduratex while working for Baja Marine is that they started with a great product, then they moved the supply source to Tiland, and the product was never as good. Stick with the "Shock" series from Morbern, or G&T (Spradling Internationals) "Carbona" series carbon vinyls. For a really nice result, make sure it is laminated with 1/4" foam backing (1.7) density the way we stock it.

XT
Old 10-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could you post a link to the heater elements... i can't seem to find them
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have used Morbern and have been very happy with it
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Anyone have pics of a carbon fiber vinyl interior?
Samples
Attached Thumbnails Carbon fiber vinyl-colors.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I see they carry carbon fiber options from both Enduratex, and Morbern. From my direct experience with Enduratex while working for Baja Marine is that they started with a great product, then they moved the supply source to Tiland, and the product was never as good. Stick with the "Shock" series from Morbern, or G&T (Spradling Internationals) "Carbona" series carbon vinyls. For a really nice result, make sure it is laminated with 1/4" foam backing (1.7) density the way we stock it.

XT
can you possibly give some real world test of time on these CF interiors. The ones that I have looked at with some age were dirty in between the CF pleats, and over time when cleaning they rubbed out, and this was from 2 different manufactures..Love the way they look, just wanting them to last... thanks for the help. Jeff
Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by Jassman
can you possibly give some real world test of time on these CF interiors. The ones that I have looked at with some age were dirty in between the CF pleats, and over time when cleaning they rubbed out, and this was from 2 different manufactures..Love the way they look, just wanting them to last... thanks for the help. Jeff
Jeff,

All vinyl testing for Baja Marine was done by Sea Ray, and I better not post any documents owned by them. The test boats at Baja never lasted more than a year, but the carbon vinyls we used held up well, and passed the SR testing.

Here are some stadards, and terms to look for in testing of vinyl products:

REFERENCE DOCUMENTS:
• ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)standards: See table 1
• AATCC (American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists) standard: 147-1998(99)
• SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) standard: J855-1994
• Federal standards: 191-5304, 191-5651.1, 191-5874
• CFFA (Chemical fabrics and Films Association): Standard Test Methods, Glossary of terms for the Chemical Fabrics and Film Industry
• CIE ( International Commission on Illumination) : S001/ ISO IS 10526 Colorimetric illuminants, S002/ISO IS 10527 Colorimetric observers

DEFINITIONS:
Abrasion - Measurement of the ability of the chemical coating to resist surface wear when rubbed against another (abradent) surface.
Adhesion – A measure of the force required to separate a chemical coating from the base substrate.
Bacterial Resistance – A determination of Bacteriostatic activity of chemical coated fabrics.
Blocking – Unintentional adhesion between plastic films, or between a film, and another surface.
Colorfastness to light – A determination of the resistance of chemical coated fabrics to exposure to laboratory simulated sunlight.
Color variation - Total amount of color change (listed as E in tables 2 and 3) between master and sample being tested. (DE=[(L)2+(A)2+(B)2 ] in the CIELab system)
Crocking – A measure of resistance to transfer of color from a chemical coating to another surface (usually a fabric) by rubbing action.
Fabric – Refers to the textile material used to enhance the physicals of the composite formed by the coating/lamination of the plastics to the textile. The fabric usually is in a woven, knitted, or non-woven construction. Woven fabrics consist of fabric formed on a loom with two separate yarns (warp and filling) that are at right angles to each other. The two yarns go over and under each other in a designated pattern. Knitted Fabrics are formed by a single, or multiple yarns, making interlocking loops. Non woven fabrics are formed by laying a continuos web of random spaced fibers to form a uniform batting. The fibers are then bonded to form a fabric by chemical adhesion, thermal or chemical processes.
Flex - A determination of the change in surface appearance of a chemical coated fabric when subjected to multiple flexing.
Low Temperature Resistance – The measurement of the ability of a chemical coated fabric to withstand cracking at low temperature.
Mildew Resistance – A determination of the ability of a chemical coated fabric to resist fungal growth.
Tear Strength – A measurement of the force required to continue or propagate a tear in a coated fabric.
Tensile strength – A measurement of the force required to break a coated fabric.
Volatility – A measurement of Volatile weight loss of a chemical coated fabric when subjected to an elevated temperature.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

I was looking for a whole interior pic done in the carbon vinyl. Mine is going to be yellow just cant decide what to do.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
could you post a link to the heater elements... i can't seem to find them
Here you go:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/carb...oem-specs.html

They were on the front page, but moved for some reason. If you click the original link and sort by price/highest, they pop right up. There are also smaller elements for $79. I personally think it would be sweet to install 8 of these in two rows of four right across the sunpad. I could sleep like a baby under the stars with a toasty back and a light blanket!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh, OK. I like mine so far. Just apply conditioner/protectant before you use the boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.