Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241106-need-opinions-pics-floating-lift-front-bow-mounted-floating-dock.html)

Yamaha 225 10-20-2010 03:13 AM

Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!

Hi guys! I am considdering to buy a lift for my boat. Since we only have big marinas with floating docks here, the only version that would fit is a lift that connects to the "main dock" with a hinge, and that has pontoons that is filled with air by an electric pump.

I would very much apprechiate your experiences with this system. Please also post some pictures if you have. And also, who sell these lifts??

Thank you!!

Erik

kreed 10-20-2010 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have an Air Dock System. Works great. Lifts my 10,000 boat clean out of the water and simple to set up and operate. Heres a pic....

capt2130 10-20-2010 07:13 AM

Stay away from the front mount lifts. They are ok for small bass boats. But they are hard on docks. If you get a lift. Make sure it's a 4 point system. I can send pics later tonight if you'd like to see what I have.

Yamaha 225 10-21-2010 11:40 AM

Thanks for the input. Would this kind of lift also be possible to make for larger boats? Like 10.000 Lbs day cruisers etc?

I guess it is of great importance that the balance is right, so that the lift is not pushing the dock under? Or up?

Which manufacturers make these?

SS930 10-21-2010 11:57 AM

The Airdock systems like kreed has look to be the simplest and most cost effective. The only real big downside to them is you have to worry about air leaks... don't piss off your neighbor! :D

Honestly, the AD would be the way I'd go if it were my money, but your location and circumstances should dictate which type of lift is best suited for your application and needs.

BeakBoater35 10-21-2010 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225 (Post 3234402)
Hi guys! I am considdering to buy a lift for my boat. Since we only have big marinas with floating docks here, the only version that would fit is a lift that connects to the "main dock" with a hinge, and that has pontoons that is filled with air by an electric pump.

I would very much apprechiate your experiences with this system. Please also post some pictures if you have. And also, who sell these lifts??

Thank you!!

Erik

I used a 12,000# HydroHoist for several years to lift my 35' go fast. It side-mounted to the floating dock. Worked great. Handled several significant storms well. Just be sure to raise/lower the lift as they instruct!

The company makes lifts samll enough for a PWC and big enough for the Queen Mary (well...maybe that big!). They really stood behind their product when I had a problem several years after it was purchased. Excellent, excellent company. (Nope, I have no connection to them other than being a very happy, previous customer.)

I now have a fixed dock/lift. I like it much better than floating.

Yamaha 225 10-21-2010 12:27 PM

Thanks, I am sure the air dock is great, but I want to see the whole hull and be able to wash it and get to the drives also. That should be possible with a platform around the boat mounted to the frame..?

Have anyone seen that?

BeakBoater35 10-21-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225 (Post 3235446)
Thanks, I am sure the air dock is great, but I want to see the whole hull and be able to wash it and get to the drives also. That should be possible with a platform around the boat mounted to the frame..?

Have anyone seen that?

My hydrohoist had walkways (actually stabilzers when the lift is lowered) and a work platform on the rear. The walk ways were standard, the rear platform an option. Oh, absolutely get 4 guide posts with the lift!

capt2130 10-21-2010 08:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a 10,000# Econo Lift that works great. The lift has dual blowers and lifts the boat rather quickly. I built extensions on the front corners of my slip to have access to the open bow and for ease of waxing and wiping down the boat after use.

Yamaha 225 10-23-2010 05:35 PM

Capt2130: Thanks alot for the pictures. I have a similar dock, and figures just out that I can mount the front mount lift under the mooring floaters!! Do you have any more pics of this under the slim where it is mounted to the dock?