East Coast Poker Run Bests >

East Coast Poker Run Bests

Notices

East Coast Poker Run Bests

Old 10-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
Hey Kap....both the Jammin on the James and the American Cancer Society"s "Powerboating for a Cure" are great runs here in Virginia.....give me a shout if you want more info on either

Mark
Hey Mark:

I may just take you up on it!

Logistically speaking it is always nice to have someone in the know. Things like where to launch and hotels etc... are difficult to nail down from across the other side of the US.

Plus, it is always nice to cultivate new friendships.

Thanks, much appreciated.

KAP

P.S. Are you Mark Tuck we met you at LOTO? We loved your boat nicest Fountain I have seen to date... gorgeous boat and great peeps.

Last edited by kap328; 10-21-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added PS
Old 10-21-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kap If you need any info about the "Jammin on the James" dont hesitate to contact me.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Key west
Jacksonville
Emerald coast
In that order
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Hey Mark:

I may just take you up on it!

Logistically speaking it is always nice to have someone in the know. Things like where to launch and hotels etc... are difficult to nail down from across the other side of the US.

Plus, it is always nice to cultivate new friendships.

Thanks, much appreciated.

KAP

P.S. Are you Mark Tuck we met you at LOTO? We loved your boat nicest Fountain I have seen to date... gorgeous boat and great peeps.
Thats me....we missed you this year at LOTO......come on over...... we'll show you some good ol southern hospitality
Old 10-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

C-Spray thanks for the great response. We have done most if not all the West Coast Poker Runs.

From what I have heard the NJPPC is a great group of peeps and boaters. I'm told it is worth a trip from out West classy organization and performance boaters.

We have room to do at least 2 runs.

Sounds like NJPPC is number one on the East Coast. Jammin on the James running second we know a few boaters on this run.

What about New York Poker Run, Emerald Coast [need more info on that one], and Jacksonville.

That is very important... last thing I want is to come out 3000 plus miles for a poker run and have a snobby crowd where we do not feel welcome....

Thus, far the Mid-West boaters have the best hospitality and comaraderie we've experienced. Hoping the East Coast runs rival if not surpass all of our expectations.

The New Jersey folks sound like a top notch organization and they have their "poop in a group" damn that is one funny quote...LMAO.

KAP
Thanks KAP! You are welcome to join us here anytime!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Kap If you need any info about the "Jammin on the James" dont hesitate to contact me.
Activeshack:Thanks, I appreciate the offer and usually do call people to get additional information on the what, where and how.

Thats me....we missed you this year at LOTO......come on over...... we'll show you some good ol southern hospitality
Hey Mark:

Well we won our class at LOTO two years running and had nothing else to prove. We are building a new boat for next year and plan on being at LOTO for 2011.

FYI to anyone we met Mark and his wife at the LOTO POKER RUN. Funny how this world isn't so big with the internet.

We will definitely be coming out east.... seems NJPPC and Jammin on the James are must do events. Our Poker Run Resume's are getting bigger every year.

I will try and call you today.

KAP

Originally Posted by DaveP
Thanks KAP! You are welcome to join us here anytime!!!
Thanks DaveP your event is on our list we look forward to coming out and running with the East Coast crowd. It should be a blast.

Love the hospitality that is the way it should be at every event.

KAP

Last edited by kap328; 10-22-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

i know its not the best run but its a fun one...between the bridges (old saybrook CT)

card locations (typically)

old lyme CT (pavilion beach bar)
block island (RI)
greenport NY (Claudios)
Thames River (CT)

Get to hit 3 different states in one day...awesome bars and people.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

My All-Time Favorites Poker Runs:

NJPPC - Atlantic City Run
1000 Islands
Miami Boat Show / Islamorada

I agree with Chuck that the Chesapeake is my favorite boating event, but it is far different than a poker run, more relaxed, and vacation like.

P.S.- The best organized group hands down is NJPPC. Dave P. and the crew are great at handling poop!
You go to 1000 Islands for the incredible scenery but make sure you bring your own food and booze. They are lacking on that part.
As for food, we eat and drink well in NJ!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kap....both the Jammin on the James and the American Cancer Society"s "Powerboating for a Cure" are great runs here in Virginia.....give me a shout if you want more info on either

Mark
They are two great runs !!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Lake Cumberland Poker Run, lots of fun always weekend after Labor Day. Try to hit this one if you get a chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.