Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th >

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Notices

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Just a little more than a month away. If you are in the northeast, come over to the top of Long Island for the first open ocean race held in the northeast in years and years.

The 271 mile Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island Marathon. September 18th. Wet and dry pits are at Guy LaMotta's, Manhasset Bay Marina in Port Washington NY.

Start of the race is on the north side of the island and turns at Montauk to the ocean side. Finish is back off Port Washington where it started.

Refueling is allowed for those that need it. Current record stands at a little more than 3 hours......can you beat that?

Don himself raced in this race many times. This race has been won by boats from a 17 foot outboard to the latest and sleekest race boats of thier day.

Come and experience something you can tell your grandkids about.
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-copy-donald-aronow0002-small-.jpg   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-14-.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,321 Likes on 738 Posts

That sounds cool.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there with my 13' Mini Hawk... Im not running in this event due to the size of the boat, but I'll be there taking pictures.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Default DON ARONOW Memorial 271 Mile Marathon around Long Island

Go to www.nationalpowerboat.com
for info or contact Billy Frenz at [email protected] or tel 203-532-1312 if you want to participate, sponsor, of help with the event by being a safety boat patrolling a designated area around the course.

All enthusiasts welcome.
Michael Aronow, Don's son, will be presenting the TROPHIES!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Looking for.......POWERBOAT MAGAZINE SPECIAL

This boat was purchased by a guy in Tampa and he lives both in Florida and New Jersey in the summer......this is the race for that boat.

Former record holder from San Fran to LA.

Also......Billy Martin and BM, Jr......get that Bounty Hunter out and let it run where it was meant to.
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-blue-water-warriors-30008.jpg   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-blue-water-warriors-30009.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Official poster:
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-da-around-li-race-100001.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe OPA just re-scheduled their Atlantic City event to the same weekend.........This effectively removes all of the P-class "racers".....including Billy Martin, I guess.

sad.........

T2x
Old 08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
I believe OPA just re-scheduled their Atlantic City event to the same weekend.........This effectively removes all of the P-class "racers".....including Billy Martin, I guess.

sad.........

T2x
Sorry to hear that, as we originally had another weekend scheduled and Smitty noted it was a conflict so.... we changed....should have left it alone I guess.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

At present we have a big boat of 44 feet and a small boat of 19 feet.....and all sizes in between.

We have outboards, sterndrives and surface drives.

Back in the day, Don raced many sizes....to him it was more the spirit of actually getting out there and doing it, regardless of the competition. He beat many faster boats with just finishing....that will happen in this race to.

Can you share that same spirit with him? If you do, we guarantee that your smile will be as big as his is here when you finish.

The date is fast approaching....1 month and 1 day to go.
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-bahamas-5000004.jpg   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-bahamas-5000001.jpg   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-aronow2jpg.jpg  

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-banana0013.jpg   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th-aronowfile0002a.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Registered

So are they going around the south side and through the VZ bridge and back up the east river?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.