Notices

Soft sided coolers

Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an AO cooler for myself and 2 for gifts a couple years ago. All 3 leaked and the zippers broke on 2 of them. They do hold ice for a long time, just not water.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Planning for the Key West trip and if we go for a ride Saturday to a beach somewhere I would like to be able to bring more than my usual cargo in Drambuie... Which is my fat azz and a wallet essentially...

So I am looking for some soft coolers that i can put in the sponsons, that work good, yahhh know for the Saturday ride to Boce Grande when I give a ride to Jayboat or Tank or Matt T!!!

I have found these but I want the experts here to tell me what are the best...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

[/url]
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout right there!!

And on that topic...I think you've met Kevin before (Owner of Hardline that owns the "out of control" 750 Zul powered T/S Cig)? Pretty sure I can get you a smokin deal on anything you see here.

http://www.hardlineproducts.com/Showpage.cfm?catid=45

Talked to Kevin....He's sending me two duffel bag coolers. I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale Wed. (the 10th) and driving down to Key West on Thursday after a stop at Phils. Going to try and meet the group at Gilberts. I'll call you to get you these coolers. I know they're not exactly what you wanted but they'll work to transport the Goose to the island on Sat!!

Last edited by thisistank; 10-27-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
AO = Leaks for me guys. I've got 5 total. Just bought 2 new last year and both liners failed. Tried an Horizon and it is just OK. My 7 year-old Polar has held up the best. I won't buy another AO.
Send the AO's back in and they will replace the liner for free.

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
what about sweating on the bottom and getting the cockpit carpet wet?
I've never had that problem.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
They only get wet on the bottom if the liners fail. That is what happened to my latest AO's. I've had 5 total. I have a smaller stand up one that is fine other than the zipper pull broke off. I had a couple of older 24 can coolers that the zippers failed on. The owner of AO was at the Cumberland Poker Run a few years back and stated they upgraded the zippers so last year I bought a couple more 24 can coolers. Sure enough, the zippers were much heavier than my older coolers. However, both liners failed by the end of last summer on the newer coolers. One liner separated from the canvas near the zipper at the top of the cooler and the other liner leaks in one of the lower corners. When they work, AO's are the nicest of any of the soft coolers I have owned. Much better construction and finish than the Horizon cooler I bought and they have thicker insulation than my Polar Cooler. I just can't get one that stays together more than a couple seasons. That is where the Polar Cooler has excelled. It has stayed together for several years without issue.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with our coolers. If the liner separated from the canvas it's just a stitching problem. We have people that have had our coolers for over 15 years without a problem, and some people like yourself that use them for one season and they leak. If I knew the reason why such a difference we would fix it. We try every year to come out with stronger liners and do our best to keep our customers happy. That's why we offer a guarantee. You can send those coolers back in and we'll fix them for you. The one that came apart at the top of the cooler we will just replace with a new one.
PM me or give us a call.

Brian
800-336-5208
Old 10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooler Guy
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with our coolers. If the liner separated from the canvas it's just a stitching problem. We have people that have had our coolers for over 15 years without a problem, and some people like yourself that use them for one season and they leak. If I knew the reason why such a difference we would fix it. We try every year to come out with stronger liners and do our best to keep our customers happy. That's why we offer a guarantee. You can send those coolers back in and we'll fix them for you. The one that came apart at the top of the cooler we will just replace with a new one.
PM me or give us a call.

Brian
800-336-5208
Brian, thanks for responding. I'll get the coolers sent back to you.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Good customer service in the marine industry....Isn't that grand!!!!

Way to go Brian!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Nice! Only 1 of the 5 that I have seperated. and it is the 48.
Just figured maybe it was the 50th can and some ice on MY part!
Now those plastic clips on the shoulder strap need some help.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had 4 AO's. Where the liner folds in the bottom is where they crack. I cleaned with solvent then siliconed it. All of them stretch the nylon at the zipper. Still better than a coleman though
Old 10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
what about sweating on the bottom and getting the cockpit carpet wet?
Carpet?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Cooler Guy
PM me or give us a call.

Brian
800-336-5208
Like I said before, a stand up guy running a stand up company.