Notices

Engine Alignment Tool?

Old 05-11-2002, 02:45 PM
blackhawk

Default Engine Alignment Tool?

Does anyone know the correct part number for the engine alignment tool for Bravo gimbal and 502 engine(1995)? I was told it was 91-805475A1, which I purchased. But the end does not fit into my engine coupler.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That I know of their is only 1 BRAVO alignment tool. If the tool starts to go in and then stops ---your engine is out of alignment. If it enters the end of the coupling it is the right tool.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:24 PM
blackhawk

Tinkerboat, that would make sense IF my engine was in my boat! I was planning on putting the engine in tomorrow so I went and bought the tool. With the engine sitting out of the boat the tool will not go in. It is very, very close but just a little too big. I checked for any burrs in the coupler but cannot feel any. I just talked to the place where I bought it and they also told me there is just one alignment tool. I am starting to wonder if I got the 1 out of 142,279,663 that was machined incorrectly! That would be my luck!

Old 05-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Talking

The end without the knurling goes into the coupling. just kidding. take it back and get another one. have the place check it before you take it home.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:47 PM
blackhawk

That's what I was going to do, but of course I bought the last one! No one else around has one in stock.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Registered

If you live near GR you can borrow mine.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:07 PM
blackhawk

I'm about 90 miles away. My friend that lives in Zeeland may be coming up here tonight or tomorrow. I'll give him a call. I appreciate the offer.

Old 05-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blackhawk,
This may seem silly, but try the other end of the tool, it's made to fit different applications, my HP 500 EFI's and all Bravo I's use the solid end , that tool is the same as mine(mine measures 1.008" on the diameter that goes into the engine coupler). The threaded end is for transmission/TRS's III, IV V, and VI drives.
good luck,
Paul
Old 05-13-2002, 11:09 AM
bajaboss

did you get the correct tool? I know a guy that makes them at a fraction of the merc price and they work great.

Old 05-13-2002, 12:53 PM
blackhawk

Boathead

Yes, I was using the solid end. There was a slip of paper that explained the two different ends. Thanks for the measurement! I will measure mine with a micrometer tonight. I'm guessing it's a couple thousands too big.

Tinkerboat, thanks for the offer to borrow yours. My friend didn't come up North and I don't have the time to drive right now. If I can't make mine work, I may have to make the time!

Quick Reply: Engine Alignment Tool?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.