Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Black Thunder - Just my opinion >

Black Thunder - Just my opinion

Notices

Black Thunder - Just my opinion

Old 10-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we're wanting to buy a35 lightning fountain, or similar...twin 525's staggerred, any ideas?
contacts out there?
we're in N.Z, coming over to find a bargain.....!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ That's nice, thanks for spaming random threads.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 6ft 10" head room 9ft 6" beam. Seating for me and 8 women. It is a 70 MPH yacht. BTs are the the most conferrable gofast boats out there for under a million bucks. Period. Just a thought. What if Clay Washington had a Black Thunder . Bobby
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
? ? ? ? ? Not boat wise.....
wasn't talking about the sheepjkn
Old 10-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was fortunate enough to order and custom build my '06 460EC when Dennis Griffith (Bob's-BT owner-nephew) was the sales person. He was fantastic to work with. When I visited the factory, I loved the small town folks that worked there. They really had a great thing going. Regarding the interior upgrading, they would let you do anything you wanted to. They had a standard color pattern but we changed it all and did away with the mirror back ground around the sink area. As far as overnighting, there were none better as far as go-fast went back then. Hot water shower, flushing toilet, microwave, flat screen tv, cable hook up, shore power, a/c, large bed, and the list is just too long. And I had all this weight running 75 mph with twin 525's. But I will be the first to say that the Bravos were just too small for this size boat in my boating environment - Gulf of Mexico. The 700's / NXT package appears to be exactly what the boat needed but wasn't available in '06. Regarding the hull - yes it did lean in windy conditions because the hull steps were pretty agressive to get the 75 mph out of it. I replaced the 280 tabs with 380 and helped quite a bit. My boat was also driven by Tres Martin during my safety class and he was impressed by how the hull did not skip in tight turns liked most step hull boats do. So all being said, yes the boat could've used some improvements but for me in '06, there were no other boats that compared in the performance market in any price range! (pic has 43 NT, 46 Cig, and 46 BT) (But I also think it was kind of odd for someone to just start a post about BT's like this one was started).
Attached Thumbnails Black Thunder - Just my opinion-09-pr-1.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by LAriverratt
wasn't talking about the sheepjkn
Haha..... is Endeavor being b-a-a-a-a-a-d again?!?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thwl...the bt definitely dwarfs the other two in the pic. have only been on one BT and that was Ed's (from ky) read white and black one. I have not been in any performance boat that compares to the BT as for as square feet in the cabin and room in the cockpit. The 700 nxt drive boat??? was it the last BT built???
I think that Boatme just wanted to start a discussion on the BT's to see what the rest of our thoughts on them were and just maybe stir the pot in hopes that something positive would come of it.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
Haha..... is Twam Saxual Healing being bad again?!?
Phucking canadian BT owners...
Old 10-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
thwl...the bt definitely dwarfs the other two in the pic. have only been on one BT and that was Ed's (from ky) read white and black one. I have not been in any performance boat that compares to the BT as for as square feet in the cabin and room in the cockpit. The 700 nxt drive boat??? was it the last BT built???
I think that Boatme just wanted to start a discussion on the BT's to see what the rest of our thoughts on them were and just maybe stir the pot in hopes that something positive would come of it.
I don't think is was the last one built but was tested in PowerBoat Magazine. Ran 89 mph and it was the extended cockpit with the side by side engine configuration. Very good numbers for pretty mild power.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by THLWL
I don't think is was the last one built but was tested in PowerBoat Magazine. Ran 89 mph and it was the extended cockpit with the side by side engine configuration. Very good numbers for pretty mild power.
yea 89 is great which shows that the bottom design is a pretty good one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.