Notices

hauling boat to mti video

Old 11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
If you mean "the other cars you ran off the road, hit the toll booth" then I'm ok, but if you mean the "boat" hit the toll booth, I'm nervous.....

Note to anyone pulling my boat: Make as much room as you need to keep the boat safe.
A close call at a toll booth in Illinios? I didn't hit it, but I'm glad you didn't have any wax build up to get in the way
Old 11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

I have had some that I could only move an inch at a time with less then my finger fitting on each side... but we should not let the owners know this stuff.... i would say the tightest I have had one was jims freedom boat at the toll booth going from 69? to 412? the poles on each side were less then half an inch on each side and in height about half way up the boat and when I only had 5 feet left to go his rubrail was comming down at an angle from the front of the boat to the back and it was clearing the boat but would not clear the rub rail which is the thin stainless kind only around a quarter of an inch off the boat. so when the rub rail was only a half inch above the pole but was comming down and would not clear I had to back up all the people and then go in the field around the toll booth...

on i44 one time when they had a one lane for several miles then going across bridges there were several that i only had an inch on each side then got to one were the concrete barracade was turned a few inches and I had to take a bunk off the trailer and the bottle jack in the truck and jack against the trailer to push the barracade over so I could make it.....

if these guys only knew the stuff that happend they would want to never move there boat out of there boat slip..
Old 11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
A close call at a toll booth in Illinios? I didn't hit it, but I'm glad you didn't have any wax build up to get in the way
I guess it was too much effort to change lanes to the right a couple of lanes and and go thru the wide booth or you just wanted to practice your driving skills.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

Last year when I was following Tyson pulling Freedom he blew thru the toll gate at Afton, No pike pass, lights flashing, wide load after dark, and a trooper sitting on the side by gate.
The Trooper was just shaking his head. Didnt even move.