Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   hauling boat to mti video (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241662-hauling-boat-mti-video.html)

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 07:37 AM

hauling boat to mti video

My batt. died about 20 min before I made it to mti but still a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...q=hd1080#t=508

Rob Rich 10-30-2010 07:56 AM

That's pretty cool!

AB From Windsor 10-30-2010 08:14 AM

You and Big Yellow were flying, not to many passed you on the Highway.

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 08:43 AM

set the camera to take a picture every two seconds then played the pictures as a slide show with .06 seconds between slides

ciaoderhead 10-30-2010 08:46 AM

Cool vid!

schnydo 10-30-2010 09:11 AM

Do you feel it air out
you let three people pass you whats up with that

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 09:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
this is at 8:21 in the video, when were on that bridge when there were no vehicles passing me i would scoot over to the middle and stay there till a car would get close so it would slow them down.. this guy was mad and flipping me off... and it showed up on the tape..

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by schnydo (Post 3242542)
Do you feel it air out

one was a cop in an unmarked vehicle and a couple of the other ones I was on the computer looking at oso and did not notice them comming up on me... i will try harder next time..

by the way i dont speed, that would be illegal... everyone else was just going really slow for some reason that day..

Catmando 10-30-2010 09:55 AM

For some reason the link doesn't work for me....

P Offshore 10-30-2010 10:28 AM

That boat is fast!!!!!
:coolcowboy:

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3242573)

thats probably a genetical problem....

Catmando 10-30-2010 11:57 AM

When the URL pops up the screen goes black and shows nothing. I thought it might be youtube itself but I don't have trouble with any other links. Strange...

Wildman_grafix 10-30-2010 12:08 PM

Doesn't work for me. But I am on a touch

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 12:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
green... im gonna make it..... yellow.... im still gonna make it...... yellow.....come on just a little longer.... red....oops.... guess didnt make it....

BigSilverCat 10-30-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by schnydo (Post 3242542)
Do you feel it air out

here is this better.... once i get going on the high way nobody passes me.. this boat must be faster....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...yNdc&vq=hd1080

Strip Poker 388 10-30-2010 01:00 PM

Looks like ya made good time:eek::drink:

divenstar 10-30-2010 03:26 PM

That's a a cool and interesting perspective...

Great training video ...

I wonder if any others have any similar videos...

You are definitely..."King of the Road"...

Divenstar :grinser010:

Rookie 10-30-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3242573)

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 3242652)
Doesn't work for me. But I am on a touch

You have to open them in a new window not a new tab.

PromoProducts-BP 10-30-2010 04:34 PM

Agreed, it worked for me opening up a new tab. Great road footage, thanks for sharing!!

BigSilverCat 10-31-2010 01:06 PM

I'm going to put the camera on the front of freedom boat when we leave here and have it on the whole way from here to miami and in the water around to key west and the whole time there and all the way back here, that should make a cool video.

Cash Bar 10-31-2010 09:15 PM

I wanna see that done on one of the boats that goes Ft. Laud-Lake Havasu every year. The scenery change is so dramatic it would be way cool.

Keytime 11-01-2010 12:52 AM

Very cool, Tyson.

BLee 11-01-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3243372)
I wanna see that done on one of the boats that goes Ft. Laud-Lake Havasu every year. The scenery change is so dramatic it would be way cool.

Good idea :drink:

Cool stuff as always Tyson! Who was riding IN the boat on the way? At 3:08 I saw the shadow if a hand & camera come up, so it made me worder if they were there for the WHOLE ride! http://smiliesftw.com/x/cooleek.gif

BigSilverCat 11-01-2010 02:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3243654)

Cool stuff as always Tyson! Who was riding IN the boat on the way? At 3:08 I saw the shadow if a hand & camera come up, so it made me worder if they were there for the WHOLE ride! http://smiliesftw.com/x/cooleek.gif

the camera was on a suction cup mount and you are seeing the mount and camera when i turn the sun is behind them and causing a shadow... but at 4:52 you will see a girl walking across the parking lot at lowes in lebanon and getting in... isnt that why we have these things is to pick up chicks?

BigSilverCat 11-01-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3243654)

Cool stuff as always Tyson! http://smiliesftw.com/x/cooleek.gif

I would put up the video of hauling yours back to the lake but did not want anyone to see me running the cars off the side of the road and hitting the toll booth.. or hitting the guy crossing the road in the wheel chair..

BLee 11-01-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3243749)
I would put up the video of hauling yours back to the lake but did not want anyone to see me running the cars off the side of the road and hitting the toll booth.. or hitting the guy crossing the road in the wheel chair..

If you mean "the other cars you ran off the road, hit the toll booth" then I'm ok, but if you mean the "boat" hit the toll booth, I'm nervous.....

Note to anyone pulling my boat: Make as much room as you need to keep the boat safe. http://smiliesftw.com/x/gtfo.gif

TriPaC87 11-01-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3243744)
the camera was on a suction cup mount and you are seeing the mount and camera when i turn the sun is behind them and causing a shadow... but at 4:52 you will see a girl walking across the parking lot at lowes in lebanon and getting in... isnt that why we have these things is to pick up chicks?

Gosh that girl looks familiar...

MiniHawk 11-01-2010 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3242550)
one was a cop in an unmarked vehicle and a couple of the other ones I was on the computer looking at oso and did not notice them comming up on me... i will try harder next time..

by the way i dont speed, that would be illegal... everyone else was just going really slow for some reason that day..

On OSO while in your truck?

E Dock DD 11-01-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by P Offshore (Post 3242592)
That boat is fast!!!!!
:coolcowboy:

I bet it also gets better MPG's on the trailer behind the truck.

BigSilverCat 11-02-2010 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TriPaC87 (Post 3243810)
Gosh that girl looks familiar...

guess we could make this thread a little better and put a better pic of you getting in the truck... here is a better zoomed in pic of you getting in the truck.... i bet he could have found someone to haul his boat up there alot cheeper if they would have know you would be in there with them...

WARPARTY36 11-02-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3243770)
If you mean "the other cars you ran off the road, hit the toll booth" then I'm ok, but if you mean the "boat" hit the toll booth, I'm nervous.....

Note to anyone pulling my boat: Make as much room as you need to keep the boat safe. http://smiliesftw.com/x/gtfo.gif

:party-smiley-004: A close call at a toll booth in Illinios?:eek: I didn't hit it, but I'm glad you didn't have any wax build up to get in the way:drink:

BigSilverCat 11-02-2010 03:49 PM

I have had some that I could only move an inch at a time with less then my finger fitting on each side... but we should not let the owners know this stuff.... i would say the tightest I have had one was jims freedom boat at the toll booth going from 69? to 412? the poles on each side were less then half an inch on each side and in height about half way up the boat and when I only had 5 feet left to go his rubrail was comming down at an angle from the front of the boat to the back and it was clearing the boat but would not clear the rub rail which is the thin stainless kind only around a quarter of an inch off the boat. so when the rub rail was only a half inch above the pole but was comming down and would not clear I had to back up all the people and then go in the field around the toll booth...

on i44 one time when they had a one lane for several miles then going across bridges there were several that i only had an inch on each side then got to one were the concrete barracade was turned a few inches and I had to take a bunk off the trailer and the bottle jack in the truck and jack against the trailer to push the barracade over so I could make it.....

if these guys only knew the stuff that happend they would want to never move there boat out of there boat slip..

E Dock DD 11-02-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 3244611)
:party-smiley-004: A close call at a toll booth in Illinios?:eek: I didn't hit it, but I'm glad you didn't have any wax build up to get in the way:drink:

I guess it was too much effort to change lanes to the right a couple of lanes and and go thru the wide booth or you just wanted to practice your driving skills.

Quinlan 11-02-2010 04:06 PM

Last year when I was following Tyson pulling Freedom he blew thru the toll gate at Afton, No pike pass, lights flashing, wide load after dark, and a trooper sitting on the side by gate.
The Trooper was just shaking his head. Didnt even move.