Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Performance Boating Magazines...whats out there? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241705-performance-boating-magazines-whats-out-there.html)

Smarty 10-31-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3243262)
Advertising sales for performance boat magazines has shrunk by more than 50%.
Its not the magazines fault. Its nobodies fault.

If you take the stance that you shouldnt buy the magazines, there wont be any.
And then, what will you do when you take your next dump??

Well put, I do need my reading material(s) for my daily constitutional (crapping). I will stay a subscriber to Powerboat Magazine.

My complaint is that some boat magazines continue to thrive (not performance boat magazines), maybe a new approach to the publication, distribution, sales, and content of performance boat magazines needs to be implemented, (if the way of doing business business is no longer efficient, change or become obsolete). I do not have the answers, but there seems to be a void in the marketplace (lack of performance boating magazines), and to me that is a hint of opportunity. Unfortunately I do not know anything about producing/publishing a magazine.

Catastrophe 10-31-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3243317)
Well put, I do need my reading material(s) for my daily constitutional (crapping). I will stay a subscriber to Powerboat Magazine.

My complaint is that some boat magazines continue to thrive (not performance boat magazines), maybe a new approach to the publication, distribution, sales, and content of performance boat magazines needs to be implemented, (if the way of doing business business is no longer efficient, change or become obsolete). I do not have the answers, but there seems to be a void in the marketplace (lack of performance boating magazines), and to me that is a hint of opportunity. Unfortunately I do not know anything about producing/publishing a magazine.

The non performance sector hasnt appeared to shrink as much because it is so much larger.
Performance boat sales is a miniscule market in the total scheme of things.
When the world was healthy the performance mags caught chit from everyone when they had normal craft mixed in.

When you print something that has nothing but our hobby's stuff in it and the market dies, you end up having to shrink your mag.
Think OL, Fountain, Baja, MTI, Mystic,Nortech.....can you imagine how much their ad dollars have shrunk?

Kudos to the few mags that are hangin in there to entertain us. Firstly their ad volume in total is way way back , as well as their pricing structure is backwards big time.

The mags that arent around at all were obviously deemed less productive by the advertisers who formerly supported them.
One of the magazines that stopped printing left some bills unpaid on their way out.

That would be NED.