Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
EMERGENCY!! Cabin filled with water!! >

EMERGENCY!! Cabin filled with water!!

Notices

EMERGENCY!! Cabin filled with water!!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMERGENCY!! Cabin filled with water!!

I havent been down to my boat in a couple weeks.....its a 33' outlaw sitting on a hydrahoist lift. When I got down the front of the boat was almost in the water. The bilge didnt do much....I let some air out of the back and I got enough water out to get the front higher then the back. Now I see the cabin has water in it up to the seats. I am afraid to go up near it and causing the frt to go under with all that weight on the lift pontoons. I will try to get a sump pump and pump it out but will there still be alot of water in the hull and how do I get it out??? Please help.....
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

I think you have the right idea... sump pump.... good luck.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

will it all slowly drain to the back?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

As long as the weep holes in the boat aren't clogged with carpet and junk.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i think if you keep the front up a bit and the back down some the water should drain out the back. you mite have a clogged line in the cabin that's not letting it drain .
normally when u store a boat the bow is should be up a at a higher degree of angle so the water can flow down hill .
but who's to say if u had the drain plug in and the bilge pump didnt work it would be your motor under water and that would be way worse of a fix and a lot more $$ .
just my opinion .
once you get it drained out you mite want to take a air hose to the drain in the front of the boat and make sure it's not clogged . then recheck, take 5 gallon pale of water and put were drain is in the cabin, and slowly spill in to drain and wait and see if it come out to the bilge

good luck i hope u find the problem
mike
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Hope you can safely resolve the problem. good luck.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Can't you let some of the air out of the rear compartments on the tanks? That was the way we normally began to bring the boat down with the hydrohoists we have had. If the front is full of air, let some out of the rear to to get the water back to the bilge pump. ??
Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Its not draining to the back for some reason? I did take some air out and the boat started rolling (the lift) the pontoons were underwater and the whole one side would go way down then settle! my stomach is still turning! My question is there water under the cabin? or does this drain to the back....no water in the back of the boat.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by brian18330
Its not draining to the back for some reason? I did take some air out and the boat started rolling (the lift) the pontoons were underwater and the whole one side would go way down then settle! my stomach is still turning! My question is there water under the cabin? or does this drain to the back....no water in the back of the boat.
Secure boat to dock with lines then pump out. Make sure it does not get worse than it is now while you try to pump it out.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Registered

My buddy and I did his 29 Outlaw last year, we both took our shop vacs and pulled 5 gallons at a time each, only took about 30 mins between the two of us. It would fill the vacuum bucket in less than 40 seconds, very effective way, no sure how fast a sump pump would draw. It was crazy, after we were done, you couldn't even tell there was any water in the boat. Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.