Feedback on selling tactic >

Feedback on selling tactic

Notices

Feedback on selling tactic

Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on selling tactic

Hey guys. I value yalls opinion and wanted a little feedback on a direction that I was thinking of taking for some boats that I am selling.

It basically consists of a "condition report" to go over every inch of a boat. What I have found out is that many people are wary of buying stuff over the internet and sight unseen because they just don't know what they are getting into. The idea is for someone to know every little thing wrong so that they feel comfortable about not getting screwed.

This one is just a start. The page hasn't really been formated, just the bulk of the info has been put up.

I'd like to supplement this with a "market report" too to help educate the buyer on the market and what else is out there so that I don't get those people saying, "I'll buy it for $15K".

Idk, just trying to do something different.

Let me know what yall think!!!

http://theconditionreport.blogspot.c...outlaw-25.html
Old 11-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a good idea, but you're going to have to stress that there isn't ANYTHING else wrong with the boat other than what you've documented. Many people will sell a boat in that condition as "MINT" (aside from the canvas rip). Otherwise you're only pointing out flaws in your product while others are hiding theirs.

I mean, which would you rather buy... A boat that is claimed to be in mint condition, or a boat that "only has a few flaws."

Something like this would be more beneficial if it were like a Barret Jackson rating or standard of quality thing, where it was known nation wide and they could rely on it. Then it would carry more weight, and it should probably conclude with an independent survey.

*** Aside ***
If that's a boat you're selling you should probably have the cover repaired. It drives me nuts when someone is trying to sell a high-dollar item and there is a noticeable, ugly flaw that is relatively inexpensive to fix. The scratch in the hull may fall under the same category.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

why wouldn't someone just get a survey?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good points. Yeah, the rip I just noticed when finishing up my shots. Easy fix.

baywatch....While many of us in this community think a survey is a nobrainer and a cost of buying anything, many people don't know about them. The idea is to give them a sort of survey, gratis.

Used boats, are just that used. They aren't in showroom condition. If someone wanted that, then they need to buy new. There are exceptions, but for the majority of owners out there, we all have our little blems or minor things wrong.

Yeah, it irkes me when people advertise as perfect, when you know that there is no way it is. My experience in the past is what sells them, is to be able to tell them each and every little thing that I know of that is wrong. I believe that it builds trust and eventually helps win the sale.