Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Offshore Racing on TV starts this Sunday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/242300-offshore-racing-tv-starts-sunday.html)

Ron P 11-11-2010 10:33 AM

Offshore Racing on TV starts this Sunday

VERSUS TO BROADCAST WORLD-CLASS OFFSHORE RACING SERIES
PRESENTED BY GEICO—A TAMPA DIGITAL PRODUCTION
Offshore Powerboat Association [OPA] Offshore Racing Series
airs during November and December 2010 on sports cable network

TAMPA, FL—November 11, 2010—Tampa Digital, a visual communications company, today announced that its production of the 2010 OPA Offshore Racing Series will be broadcast on consecutive Sundays during November 2010 and December 2010 on VERSUS. The racing series presented by GEICO will air at 4PM ET, November 14, and continue to run through December 19, 2010, on the sports cable network.

The 2010 OPA Offshore Racing Series broadcast schedule on VERSUS is as follows:
• 4PM ET, November 14: Ocean City, MD
• 4PM ET, November 21: Sunny Isles Beach, FL
• 4PM ET, November 28: St. Clair, MI
• 4PM ET, December 5: Atlantic City, NJ
• 4PM ET, December 12: Solomon Islands, MD [National Championships]
• 4PM ET, December 19: Orange Beach, AL [World Championships]

Tampa Digital shot the entire racing series in high definition and focused production efforts on the racing action, powerboat technology, high-end equipment, charismatic and colorful personalities of the racers, and clandestine drama associated with elite offshore competitions. Jim Kopcik of Tampa Digital served as broadcast producer for the OPA Offshore Racing Series.

“We are privileged by the strong distinction of producing a national broadcast showcasing probably one of the largest, most dangerous, and most powerful racing machines of all time,” Kopcik said.

Tampa Digital, Offshore Racing Series organizers such as OPA, and powerboat racers are highly grateful to John Haggin, team owner of the World Champion AMF/Miss GEICO Racing Team. Haggin, AMF and GEICO have worked tirelessly to help secure the future of the Offshore Racing Series by bringing the sport to national television.

Each Offshore Racing Series episode produced by Tampa Digital will ideally center around the on and off water contests as the world’s top powerboat racers battle for the coveted title of World Champion. The first episode will feature a complete overview of the sport and allow viewers to experience the first race from Ocean City, MD. The final episode culminates with the World Championships from Orange Beach, AL.

“We are excited about having continued providing VERSUS with an offshore racing television package that delivers an unrivaled television and bystander experience,” said Mike McKown, vice president, broadcast management.

For more information about the OPA Offshore Racing Series, please visit online: oparacingtour.com and amfoffshoreracing.com.

panicrev 11-11-2010 12:31 PM

awesome, thanks for the info ron.

grads2112 11-11-2010 12:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up! It's been a long time since I've seen boat racing on tv.

himself 11-11-2010 12:41 PM

:coolcowboy:sweet!!

rainmn 11-11-2010 12:43 PM

Just set the DVR.

I can't help but wonder what the Atlantic City show is going to be? All shots from the pits & testing?

AugiePensa 11-11-2010 01:09 PM

Gonna be a good show.

panicrev 11-11-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn (Post 3251309)
Just set the DVR.

I can't help but wonder what the Atlantic City show is going to be? All shots from the pits & testing?

vid shots of big seas...

AIR TIME 11-11-2010 01:44 PM

anyone know if its on DIRECTV??

omerta one 11-11-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3251335)
anyone know if its on DIRECTV??

VS on DirecTV Channel 603 here.

DriverofDonzi 11-11-2010 02:24 PM

That awesome!!!! :) Unforunately, I dont have versus channel on my tv cable :( :( :(

Chris