Stop that Fu@%!#g beeping!!!! >

Stop that Fu@%!#g beeping!!!!

Notices

Stop that Fu@%!#g beeping!!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stop that Fu@%!#g beeping!!!!

Not a normal story for OSO but since I haven’t posted any stories in a while I figured I would post this.

Last week I had a bad virus on my laptop. It was doing a lot of crazy things. It would start playing a tv station (sound only), it would freeze up, and it would start Beeping very faintly. I had been hearing the beeping for about a week every once in a while but didn’t know where it was coming from. It was driving me nuts.

Friday I gave the laptop to my computer guy and he removed all the viruses’. I got home, computer worked great.

About 8 pm that friggen beeping started again. I call my computer guy and (with a slight frustration in my voice) told him it was not fixed. He remotely signed in to my laptop and checked it. He said the computer was fine and nothing came back but he did some kind of scan.

Hours later while laying on the couch the friggen beeping started again. I jumped up and listened by the laptop. I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. I had my wife listening and she couldn’t hear anything.
Now I’m on a mission to find this beeping.

I sit by the computer for hours. I start thinking, maybe it’s not the computer, and it’s my Iphone! I did have trouble syncing it the other day. Now I’m sitting with my laptop and my phone; waiting. Nothing happen!

It gets late and I got to bed. At 2 am just as I had dozed off…. Beep Beep… Beep Beep… Beep beep…(16 times to be exact!!!) I sit up and realize my laptop and phone are inside. All of a sudden it hits me!
My defibrillator!!!!! Sure enough, beeping is coming from inside my chest!

Turns out the leads on my defibrillator are on recall and they are not carrying a proper signal so it’s sending a warning.

Next Friday it’s going to be changed out. The cardiologist wanted to do it this week but I’m going to Key West. It will have to wait! (He said no big deal if I wait a week). I am not looking forward to this!!

I went yesterday to set up the surgery date and he turned of that friggen beeping!!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome story good luck with your surgery hope it all goes well and enjoy key west
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Those voices in my head...

hahaha! Good one, Gino!

Best wishes on the surgery.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck see you in KW, leaving tonight.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:33 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Good move Gino.

Make Key West..... your ticker.... The main pump that keeps you alive can wait....

Come on man take care of yourself it's only a party.... They have them every weekend!

I need you around to eventually get one of them Lambos so don't take this lightly brother.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were deaf you might be dead soon, so we are all glad your hearing is good !!! Good Luck Gino !
Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL that same thing happened to a friend of mine.... Her husband has a pacemaker and he is hard of hearing (he didn't hear the beeping) she would complain all the time about this beeping and it was making her insane.... After weeks of her complaining she finally figured out that his was her husband beeping!!!

Ya think the Dr's would tell ya that when your battery goes low you will beep!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1,317 Likes on 735 Posts

So lets see if I have this right.

I bought a used truck form a third party when it was 8 years old. When it is 16 years old the manufacturer can find me and send out a recall that they JUST found.

Yet your doctor can’t call and let you know that your defibrillator has a recall! Nice.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Isn't this the second recall on your defib?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The leads are the problem. I have 4 leads (one to each area of the heart). The leads are from differnet manufactures. DON'T ASK!!!! Why would leads coming from the same unit going to the same heart have leads from different manufactures????
Answer: That's the way they do it!
This time they are change the defib itself. Newer technology, more-I mean Less problems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.