Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota, Long Boat Key Locals? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24240-sarasota-long-boat-key-locals.html)

302SR1 05-13-2002 11:18 AM

Sarasota, Long Boat Key Locals?

Went to Cafe on the Bay Sunday by car and on the way there, I went over a bridge and right below was a cove with a ton of boats. Looked like a fun place to party!!!!!( Water was very clear and waist deep) Does anyone have some insight on this? Also, there was a pass right there. What pass is it?

Ryan Beckley 05-13-2002 11:34 AM

which one?

At the South end of long boat is New Pass by Gulf Wind it's just the COVE. There is another cove at the north end of LongBoat as well that is near Coquina beach/Channel both are nice. Most of the local Hi Perf guys go to the one on New Pass.

302SR1 05-13-2002 11:44 AM

It must have been New Pass because it was real close because it was real close to St. Armands Circle. I'll have to look at some charts and look at GPS because I think I might ride on down there next week end. Which day is better Sat or Sun?

cuda 05-13-2002 08:40 PM

What color is your 302? I saw a yellow/black one at Shell Island a few weeks ago.

302SR1 05-14-2002 11:08 AM

That would be the one. The next time you see me, stop and say Hello. Always some cold ones aboard.

Maximus 05-14-2002 11:28 AM

cuda

Which formula is yours. I keep lookin but can't seem to locate it. Send me a pic.

Maximus

302SR1 05-14-2002 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not the best picture but its all I've got digital. Oh Yea, and the God Awful arch is gone now too.

cuda 05-15-2002 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, it must have been New Pass. I remember years ago it completely filled up and had to be dug.

Here is a picture of our boat at Shell Island two weeks ago.

302SR1 05-15-2002 09:46 AM

Cuda, Maximus, and Baja Daze

Are any of you going to Shell this week-end? I wanted to go to Long Boat Key but I'm having some weird trany problems. They're both using oil but I can't find any leaks. So I'm probably going to Shell until I remedy the problem.

Maximus 05-15-2002 09:53 AM

opba

there is an opba run and raftoff on longboat pass this Sat.
May 18 Saturday: Orlando “Running on Empty” Rick & Jim “Changes in Latitudes” Connors “FUN RUN FLOTILLA”. We will meet at Sandbar Restaurant in Tierra Verde on the ICW at 12:00 PM. (If you are the 1st boat to show up, please wait for the group). We will head south in the gulf or in the ICW depending on the water conditions. Our “FLOTILLA” destination will be at Longboat Pass. The OPBA will have a “FLOTILLA” on the east side of the bridge. Please bring fenders, lines, anchors, snack food, floats, water toys and koozies. We will have some fun in the sun and then off for an afternoon lunch on the way back to St. Pete Beach. Longboat Pass is where we stopped for lunch at Mar Vista at the Sarasota OPBA Poker Run. OPBA Event Hotline 727-204-7030.

Maximus